Why don’t we have a good John Wick game yet?

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
With the way they are planning to milk the series, we should have already gotten a Wick game with Gears shooting mechanics and Arkham fighting mechanics.

shyt could be a killer app for next gen if they do it justice.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With the way they are planning to milk the series, we should have already gotten a Wick game with Gears shooting mechanics and Arkham fighting mechanics.

shyt could be a killer app for next gen if they do it justice.

Because it doesn’t need one and Gears mechanics would be awful. Why would you turn John Wick into a set piece based 3rd person cover shooter?

Max Payne 3 exists.

Edit: RE6 would probably be the best approximation of a good John Wick game.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because it doesn’t need one and Gears mechanics would be awful. Why would you turn John Wick into a set piece based 3rd person cover shooter?

Max Payne 3 exists.

john wicks with improved max payne 3 mechanics (game still flames) would be crack :banderas:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
john wicks with improved max payne 3 mechanics (game still flames) would be crack :banderas:

I actually think RE6 could do it a little better. Max doesn’t really show off the insane CQC skills that Wick does (Grapples, counters, etc) and watching a good RE6 player really shows off that insane hand to hand ability mixed with shooting that Wick gets so well.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually think RE6 could do it a little better. Max doesn’t really show off the insane CQC skills that Wick does (Grapples, counters, etc) and watching a good RE6 player really shows off that insane hand to hand ability mixed with shooting that Wick gets so well.

I wouldn’t know :lupe:

do you have some non-frightening gameplay clips?:pachaha:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can always go back and play this
Stranglehdcov.jpg

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem

Max Payne 3 exists.

Edit: RE6 would probably be the best approximation of a good John Wick game.

They're not going to put Max Payne 3 mechanics into any game so we can stop wasting our time dreaming about that

A lot of the John Wick movies feature him shooting from cover....you can easily throw Gears cover mechanics and extreme CQC mechanics like Arkham in it and it would be a hit. I don't see why you think that would be awful when it would mimic that movies very well. I never played RE6 but maybe that could work as well.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Superhot VR, Pistol Whip VR, Blood and Truth VR, Stranglehold and Max Payne 3 are your John Wick games

Superhot is so fukking good. :wow:

But to answer the question, it's because it's really hard to get John Wick's specific style of action to work in videogames in a way that is engaging, non repetitive, and doesn't make the player unstoppable early in the game.

John Wick Hex is a pretty good example of why it's tough.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're not going to put Max Payne 3 mechanics into any game so we can stop wasting our time dreaming about that

A lot of the John Wick movies feature him shooting from cover....you can easily throw Gears cover mechanics and extreme CQC mechanics like Arkham in it and it would be a hit. I don't see why you think that would be awful when it would mimic that movies very well. I never played RE6 but maybe that could work as well.

John Wick also features him riding on horses but who cares? Gears of War is a cove based shooter that is completely built around objective based, built around set pieces. Not a single person who has played Gears of War would say it feels or looks like a John Wick action scene.

Arkham is a rhythm based brawler and wouldn’t fit with the clunkier, heavier movement of Gears of War shooting at all which tends to be more methodical and clunky by design.

There are LOADS of far better choices to build a Wick game around. Splinter Cell Conviction or Blacklist would be two other choices.

But you go ahead and find me a Gears of War shooting gallery that you think feels like “John Wick” and is a better representation than this?

Last edited:

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
John Wick also features him riding on horses but who cares? Gears of War is a cove based shooter that is completely built around objective based, built around set pieces. Not a single person who has played Gears of War would say it feels or looks like a John Wick action scene.

Arkham is a rhythm based brawler and wouldn’t fit with the clunkier, heavier movement of Gears of War shooting at all which tends to be more methodical and clunky by design.

There are LOADS of far better choices to build a Wick game around. Splinter Cell Conviction or Blacklist would be two other choices.

But you go ahead and find me a Gears of War shooting gallery that you think feels like “John Wick” and is a better representation than this?

Breh I don’t care that much I just want a good John Wick game :mjlol:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I could see a John Wick game being similar to that Bourne Identity game for PS3 which was dope. Prolly add some Stranglehold (another PS3 game) elements to it and that shyt could be lit.