why dont sony films give up spiderman rights back to marvel and buy the rights of image comics???

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Wildcats_0001.jpg

1910413-spawn_135.jpg

i mean with dc comics basically folded image comics into their universe and sitting on the properties not used. Sony could drastically have its own brand of superhero movies and not be the bane of marvel's existence.

No one is not using Wildcats, or spawn at the moment which has the potential to be huge if done right. I dont understand how dc comics which is owned by jim lee as of now havent put the onus to develop more movies with the image imprint.

I know spiderman is a cash cow but here's the thing, sony has failed to keep it fresh and innovate. instead of giving up the rights they plan an aunt may solo movie??? :wtf: have they run outta of ideas that they are so desperate to keep the license they would make a full blown movie of a woman who has no super powers, her own movie when she wasnt known for doing much anyways!?!?

I would die to see wildc.a.t.s. on the big screen and a hard spawn rated R reboot, to reiterate...

So hopefully if the sony execs are reading this, get off your lazy asses, sell the rights to spiderman back to marvel for a billion dollars. then call up jim lee and dc and warner bros, and work out a deal to use image comics as movie source material... they dont want it, clearly and it is a gold mine when it comes to uncharted territory. im sure mcfarlane would appreciate it plus the fans wouldnt hate you anymore. You can have your own niche comic book universe and make huge money off of it...

It's a win / win for all involved!!!! WHY CANT THIS HAPPEN!?

Owen Reece

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
You say Sony has failed to keep it fresh and innovated, but the dollars keep rolling in for them. Why in the hell would Sony give up a money maker like that?

You're looking at it as a fan, Sony is looking at it as a business.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You say Sony has failed to keep it fresh and innovated, but the dollars keep rolling in for them. Why in the hell would Sony give up a money maker like that?

You're looking at it as a fan, Sony is looking at it as a business.

yeah, but who the fukk is checking for an aunt may solo film... i know they looking at it from a business stand point but honestly people are burning out on spiderman... why not sell it back to marvel... i dont want a venom solo film either...:comeon:

Owen Reece

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
yeah, but who the fukk is checking for an aunt may solo film... i know they looking at it from a business stand point but honestly people are burning out on spiderman... why not sell it back to marvel... i dont want a venom solo film either...:comeon:

If Spiderman is consistently raking in hundreds of millions of dollars of profit for Sony, why the hell do you think they'll sell the rights back to Marvel?

They only way Sony will release or sell Spiderman is if that movie franchise fukking FAILS...and I mean box office record fail for like 3 movies straight and even then they'll hold on to the rights because the norm now is to just yell out "REBOOT" and you have a whole new cinematic universe. We're currently in the Golden Age of Comic Movies, and having the movie rights to one of the most popular comic book characters ever is like having an ATM that just spits out money whenever you want it...and you want Sony to give away that ATM because you don't like the way its made. Aint gonna happen.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If Spiderman is consistently raking in hundreds of millions of dollars of profit for Sony, why the hell do you think they'll sell the rights back to Marvel?

They only way Sony will release or sell Spiderman is if that movie franchise fukking FAILS...and I mean box office record fail for like 3 movies straight and even then they'll hold on to the rights because the norm now is to just yell out "REBOOT" and you have a whole new cinematic universe. We're currently in the Golden Age of Comic Movies, and having the movie rights to one of the most popular comic book characters ever is like having an ATM that just spits out money whenever you want it...and you want Sony to give away that ATM because you don't like the way its made. Aint gonna happen.

I can dream though.... :sadcam:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I thought there was a thread on the sony cinematic spiderverse as a whole.( I know there are individual threads for movies)

If there is one and you come across it, please bump.

I just saw venom's numbers.
91d.gif

Bring on the other films!

With marvel, DC and sony...comic film fans are :eat: