"Why dont I pick up the controller as much as I used to?"

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
I'm 34 and I beat the hell out of kids in 2K for sport. :yeshrug:

I played a lot of Megaman X and Fighting Games back in the day so I never really lost my reaction time.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I was thinking about this recently. I don’t enjoy games anymore :mjcry:

I think back as a kid, I’d have killed for all the systems and a monster pc. I didn’t have the money for that as a kid. Now, I make enough money, have all the systems, a very nice pc, a big TV, access to all of the games in the world, but nothing is exciting me :mjcry:

The irony...I wanted all that before, but didn’t have the money. Now I have the money, but gaming is not exciting me :mindblown:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Gaming doesn't interest me anymore either and I am in my 20s

I rather be doing other shyt that has concrete goals...:yeshrug:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I was thinking about this recently. I don’t enjoy games anymore :mjcry:

I think back as a kid, I’d have killed for all the systems and a monster pc. I didn’t have the money for that as a kid. Now, I make enough money, have all the systems, a very nice pc, a big TV, access to all of the games in the world, but nothing is exciting me :mjcry:

The irony...I wanted all that before, but didn’t have the money. Now I have the money, but gaming is not exciting me :mindblown:
Do u think that’s why u have to have bleeding edge tech in ur rig? Tryna find a reason to stay excited about gaming?

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Gaming doesn't interest me anymore either and I am in my 20s

I rather be doing other shyt that has concrete goals...:yeshrug:
:whoa: Lets not go too far. I agree with the sentiment, but we cant be on the grind 24x7 for concrete goals. Gaming is great for the off time..but I wish I enjoyed it as much as I used to. I havent turned on my PS4 in two weeks, and I have NUMEROUS games to finish :francis:
I really enjoy multiplayer the most tho. Not randoms multi, Coli or close friends multiplayer.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
:whoa: Lets not go too far. I agree with the sentiment, but we cant be on the grind 24x7 for concrete goals. Gaming is great for the off time..but I wish I enjoyed it as much as I used to. I havent turned on my PS4 in two weeks, and I have NUMEROUS games to finish :francis:
I really enjoy multiplayer the most tho. Not randoms multi, Coli or close friends multiplayer.

Yeah but these games turned into time sinks...

The industry isn't promoting games where you just play...

These companies want you to live with the game...and work...

Like...why these companies got games with in-game currency...

Why these companies intentionally cripple a game so you can spend more time than usual on it...

After a while...I feel like I could be doing some productive shyt...

Gaming has went from a leisure activity to a burden...if I am going to chip away at something for hours...I might as well go accomplish something...

Now I just play when I feel like taking my mind off something...but the days of me sitting down and enjoying playing a game for hours are over...

The last game I did that with was Spider-Man...cause the game was meant to be played not chipped away at...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
why don't I make this thread as much as I used to? :jbhmm:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Do u think that’s why u have to have bleeding edge tech in ur rig? Tryna find a reason to stay excited about gaming?
Perhaps. :ld:

@Kamikaze Revy had a theory about that early last year actually, when I was going through my shyt. He suggested that because I don't have a lot of control over other aspects of my life, that I might be use computer gaming as an outlet. Like, I know I can have the best components out there. I can control that. I can buy whatever I want and have the absolute "best." I thought it was an interesting theory, that sounds very plausible.

But, anyway, yeah my need to have the bleeding edge, best of the best, has gotta be the result of something. Maybe Revy is right, or maybe it's a combination of what you and Revy both said. I should examine it in greater detail :jbhmm:

Daps
There not making good games like damn drop a good ass avengers game or sumthing.. Sumthing i can connect to