Why don't black people direct more anger at South/Central American cartels for the crack epidemic?

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Was just thinking about that while reading this thread.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/how-el-chapo-destroyed-the-youth-of-chicago.337603/

Instead popular rappers change their last name to Escobar.
Tsxl6CM.png

People will rant and rave about the CIA working with a couple of Nicaraguan drug traffickers for shady geopolitical reasons during the Cold War in the 80's, but talk about "black and brown power" and "black and brown unity" while these cartels manufactured, processed, and shipped tons of poisons into black ghettos, creating the supply and fueling the demand with zero fukks given for decades.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Because a lot of those Cartels were CIA assests? And the ones that werent came from very humble beginnings that blacks can relate to in America. Obviously theyre nor people to be admired but to blame them for the Crack epidemic is actually so nonsensical.
Most of them weren't CIA assets. The Medellin cartel supplied like 80% of the coke to the US and they weren't a CIA asset. The Cali cartel was, but they had a much smaller US market share.

I don't really blame anyone for the scourge of drug addiction because it's a complex public health problem fueled by economics. But if we're gping to assign blame I'd start with the people who actually manufactured it and shipped it to the US. I don't see how that's nonsensical.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Most of them weren't CIA assets. The Medellin cartel supplied like 80% of the coke to the US and they weren't a CIA asset. The Cali cartel was, but they had a much smaller US market share.

I don't really blame anyone for the scourge of drug addiction because it's a complex public health problem fueled by economics. But if we're gping to assign blame I'd start with the people who actually manufactured it and shipped it to the US. I don't see how that's nonsensical.
Its nonsensical because the prevelance of cocaine as a recreational drug directly correlated with CIA goals at the time. The CIA literally faciltated the shipment of cocaine on to American streets. Drug cartels are unaccountable criminal organizations. The US government is the only elected and accountanble party. Shipment and manufacturing is not as important as say, selling it on the street in large quantities, one could argue. Lets blame Supreme team.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
It's just easier to blame whitey:yeshrug:
Plus Mexicans are just like us, right? :mjlol:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Its nonsensical because the prevelance of cocaine as a recreational drug directly correlated with CIA goals at the time. The CIA literally faciltated the shipment of cocaine on to American streets. Drug cartels are unaccountable criminal organizations. The US government is the only elected and accountanble party. Shipment and manufacturing is not as important as say, selling it on the street in large quantities, one could argue. Lets blame Supreme team.
That's way overstated conspiratorial hyperbole. What your describing is classic government corruption. Cold war geopolitical objectives in the 80's intertwined with the lucrative cocaine industry, so you had the CIA picking and choosing allies, but the supply and demand of cocaine came into existence irregardless of that.

Again most coke traffickers were not government assets. The Medellin brought most of the coke into the US and they were not an asset. In fact the government used other groups as assets in effort to bring them down.

The government didn't actually bring the coke into the US. The government was irrelevant to the actual supply and demand of cocaine and the creation of that public health crisis. They're to blame for the laws and mass incarceration in handling that public health crisis, as well as the socioeconomic conditions that allowed the trade to flourish in low income communities.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
That's way overstated conspiratorial hyperbole. What your describing is classic government corruption. Cold war geopolitical objectives in the 80's intertwined with the lucrative cocaine industry, so you had the CIA picking and choosing allies, but the supply and demand of cocaine came into existence irregardless of that.

Again most coke traffickers were not government assets. The Medellin brought most of the coke into the US and they were not an asset. In fact the government used other groups as assets in effort to bring them down.

The government didn't actually bring the coke into the US. The government was irrelevant to the actual supply and demand of cocaine and the creation of that public health crisis. They're to blame for the laws and mass incarceration in handling that public health crisis, as well as the socioeconomic conditions that allowed the trade to flourish in low income communities.

Well factually one of the ways the Medellin Cartel got its coke in was through CIA assests. You can google that conspiracy theory and end up on a lot of .edu websites.

Blaming the drug traffickers for takig advantage of an economic opportunty while living in a dirt poor country is myopic and naiive.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Well factually one of the ways the Medellin Cartel got its coke in was through CIA assests. You can google that conspiracy theory and end up on a lot of .edu websites.

They got it from people they employed to grow it. The US has its tentacles everywhere, so if some people under their umbrella were CIA assets in some capacity or another, that be no surprise.

What I meant was overstated conspiracy is the notion that somehow the US government was responsible for the supply and demand of cocaine in the US, and that somehow the coke epidemic would not have happened if not for government involvement. They cartels decided they could make money selling coke to a large wealthy free country, the demand was there, the logistics was there, and the rest is history.

Blaming the drug traffickers for takig advantage of an economic opportunty while living in a dirt poor country is myopic and naiive.
I basically agree with this. I probably should've explained myself more thoroughly in the OP. Drug addiction is a public health crisis fueled by a billion dollar black market industry.

I don't pin the blame on that public health crisis on some poor Columbian farmer who rose to wealth selling a product that was there for the selling. I don't really blame anyone for the existence of the problem of drug addiction. It just happens that I see a lot of finger pointing directed to low level drug dealers and rappers who rap about drugs, and the CIA over the corruption with Iran Contra, etc. but not much at the people who created the industry and manufacture and supply it.

Any link in the chain can be scapegoated. It seems the biggest elephant in the room often escapes that though. You never hear any "conscious" revolutionary-minded type cats talking about "fukk El Chapo,". They're more mad at the Asian corner store owner.

This was just more of a random musing. That's why I posted it in TLR. I digress.

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps
Blame everything on Hispanics like always.

You know people in South America got it way harder than anyone here right?