Why Doesn't 'Fortnite' Credit BlocBoy JB?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That thread is full :mjpls:juelezing. Cacbeard gamers will fight for mtx to be left out of games, but will fight for a company's right to monetize black dances. Effectively making them everyone's dance and discrediting the origins. It's blatant.
A lot of posters over there came over from Neogaf so there's no surprise there. Basically a lot of them immediately either fall into legal pedantry about whether dances can be patented/copyrighted or outright dismissive towards the topic because "all dances matter". The other argument I see is them saying that "Oh but such and such dance wasn't invented by ___ so how can you credit the person/people who originally came up with it?".

Blocboy jb even says he don't even care about getting paid for it he just wants credit at least. Those cac gamers don't give a fukk about any of this and their responses(not all of them) are revealing.

I kind of want to tell the OP to stop trying to have dialogue with the crowd over there. It's just futile and a waste of time. Anyone on here have a resetera account? Someone should ping him and tell him to come over here(not to say here is some safe space but it's way more freedom to talk what you want to talk about here vs there.)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol I googled OP's name and I came across some site that looks like a Neogaf haven for banned members or something.

Look at the comments they mentioned about the OP.

[–] BillBugle 4 points (+4|-0) 1 day ago

But blacks playing American football is cultural erasure of a white mans game, so they shouldn't be playing it so their dances don't matter.

Maybe instead of playing for the white mans dollar they should be living in the dirt dying of malaria?

[–] Dancing_Queen 3 points (+3|-0) 18 hours ago

That's the story of this country, we never let minorities have anything. We encroach on their spaces, lift from their culture, and then on top of all that we treat them like shyt, and then on top of that people have the audacity to say we don't.

Then don’t come here. It’s like going to your neighbors and complaining they used your recipe for dinner.

[–] chaoscontrol 1 points (+1|-0) 13 hours ago

I love how all the blacks in REEEsetera constantly bytch about the white users but their bytch asses always stay.

[–] ZeroXVX 3 points (+3|-0) 20 hours ago

I don't see him having a problem walking around in the clothes that clearly replaced his ancestors attire. Why doesn't he get upset at his black sistas spending hundreds of dollars a week to make sure they have their fake white hairdo? I don't see him jumping up to go get a disk put in his lip.

[–] chaoscontrol 1 points (+1|-0) 13 hours ago

SIT DOWN AND LISTEN! Gawd, sick of you wypipo! Lol, I love how a gaming forum (REEEtards hate gamers) suddenly felt the need to teach black history.

[–] chaoscontrol 3 points (+3|-0) 1 day ago

I can't wait to see that ******'s mugshot.

[–] SJWsruintheworld 2 points (+2|-0) 17 hours ago

Somebody should seriously shut that ****** up.

:mjpls:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now Rapper 2 Milly plans to sue Epic
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rapper...of-stealing-his-dance-moves-milly-rock-emote/
http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/11/2-milly-accuses-fornite-stealing-dance-moves-video-games/
2 Milly told CBS News how he found out that he became a Fortnite emote, which is a dance animation that players can purchase. “Everybody was like ‘Yo your dance is in the game,'” he said. “They actually sell the particular move. It’s for purchase. That’s when I was really like ‘Oh nah, this can’t go on too long.'”
The Milly Rock, renamed "Swipe It" in the video game, is one of more than 100 dances called emotes Fortnite players can buy for roughly $5. That's where 2 Milly takes issue.

The Milly Rock is a move that 2 Milly popularized when he uploaded a video of himself dancing to it on top of a car, with a song to accompany the dance moves. The dance became the next sensation since the Shmoney Dance four years ago. The dance resurfaced after Playboi Carti mentioned it in his 2017 record, “Magnolia.”
2 Milly hopes to pursue legal action against Fortnite's maker Epic Games for using the Milly Rock, but he faces some tough steps to get there.

"There's a lot of case lawsuits surrounding the copyright of music. Lyrics. Sounds. There's a full body of case law related to that. But regarding choreographic works, that does not exist," business and entertainment lawyer Merlyne Jean-Louis said.
Epic Games declined to comment on our story. You can no longer buy the Swipe It emote on Fortnite. It was one of the dances players could "unlock" in the game's fifth season. But if you own it, you can continue to use it – for now.

There's gonna be slippery slopes on that Neofag clone site :skip: