Why does Rogue One look like it was made in the 70s?

Jeffrey Lebowski

i'm the dude
Daps
Reppin
Guess this is the other side of the coin to the Trekkies sperging out bc Discovery is set before og star trek yet blows away the special effects of a show filmed in the 1960s
:ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This nikka watched a movie where dudes are travelling at the speed of light and his gripe is that they don't use computers or flat screens. As if we can go the speed of light now with a MacBook and a couple of Vizios. Cotdamn, the quality of troll posting has shyt the bed:mjlol:

Hey stupid its about realism. Sure we can't imagine what technology will be like for a space faring civilization thousands of years in the future. But we can be sure it won't be what people used in the 1970s. That's what makes what they did with Rogue One so moronic.

We already know the technology in that movie is obsolete RIGHT NOW in the year 2017. Why they think putting 1970s technology on space ships is even remotely possible is beyond me.

Totally fukks up any sort of immersion into the movie. Rather than paying attention to the plot, I was confused the whole time by the 1970s technology on a space ship.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
ba8.gif

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Hey stupid its about realism. Sure we can't imagine what technology will be like for a space faring civilization thousands of years in the future. But we can be sure it won't be what people used in the 1970s. That's what makes what they did with Rogue One so moronic.

We already know the technology in that movie is obsolete RIGHT NOW in the year 2017. Why they think putting 1970s technology on space ships is even remotely possible is beyond me.

Totally fukks up any sort of immersion into the movie. Rather than paying attention to the plot, I was confused the whole time by the 1970s technology on a space ship.
"Hey stupid it's about realism" says the nikka complaining about a Star Wars spinoff:mjlol:

But I'm going to entertain your trolling for a second:
A_long_time_ago.png

Star Wars is set in the past. So the technology is actually way ahead of its time. I look forward to your response:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Hey stupid it's about realism" says the nikka complaining about a Star Wars spinoff:mjlol:

But I'm going to entertain your trolling for a second:
A_long_time_ago.png

Star Wars is set in the past. So the technology is actually way ahead of its time. I look forward to your response:mjlol:

Hey dummy I'm talking about the advancement of technology. Not how the movie plot lines up with our timeline.

We already know that 1970s technology is obsolete and we can't travel across space.
Why would a race that is far more advanced than we are right now use technology that is ancient to us?

That is what made this movie so silly.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Hey dummy I'm talking about the advancement of technology. Not how the movie plot lines up with our timeline.

We already know that 1970s technology is obsolete and we can't travel across space.
Why would a race that is far more advanced than we are right now use technology that is ancient to us?

That is what made this movie so silly.
This nikka:mjlol:A race far more advanced than us yet they existed before us. How the fukk can technology capable of exceeding the speed of light be ancient to us? Light speed is still merely a theory right now. nikka, I look forward to your response. I got time today:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This nikka:mjlol:A race far more advanced than us yet they existed before us. How the fukk can technology capable of exceeding the speed of light be ancient to us? Light speed is still merely a theory right now. nikka, I look forward to your response. I got time today:mjlol:

You can't be this stupid? Can you?

Just because the events in Star Wars happen in our past doesn't mean those species in the story are less advanced. Advancement is not tied to our timeline.

If there are other lifeforms in the universe its perfectly reasonable that a species could be far more advanced than us today but could have existed millions of years ago.

You don't seem to be very bright.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
You can't be this stupid? Can you?

Just because the events in Star Wars happen in our past doesn't mean those species in the story are less advanced. Advancement is not tied to our timeline.

If there are other lifeforms in the universe its perfectly reasonable that a species could be far more advanced than us today but could have existed millions of years ago.

You don't seem to be very bright.
3kkpkfo-gif.3195