Why does PSN throttle your internet?

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
To improve your download speeds close running or background applications. This is difficult to do on a PS4 since there is no "task manager" but PSN isn't throttling your connection, your actual console is. There is a builtin QoS or resource management that is supposed to prevent background tasks from interfering with the active application so traffic outside of it is metered.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
LMAO so you get that much down but 10 up? Sure :duck: And a simple google search will turn up dozens of discussions over the years regarding this. World doesn't revolve around you friend

Yes, that the same speed that shows on the laptop and phones on my network. That's how Cox is set up. You get about a 10th of your upload speed compared to your download speed. Been that way for years.

And I don't tend to look up technical problems that I am not experiencing. My digital world does revolve around me, friend.:smugfavre:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
don't have those issues.

I do use an open dns server address and have all my ports open for my ps4 static ip
I actually have to change my DNS server to google's DNS address 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 and it SOMETIMES increases my speeds substantially, but sometimes there is no difference, but it's definitely worth a try @The G.O.D II