Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I cant tell.if its my isp or psn throttling my youtube uploads

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I do notice that whenever I download something on the PS4 it goes slow as hell compared to everything else on my network. I have a 100mbit connection. It'll take forever to download a game or demo. I even remember a long as reddit post from a while ago where the guy was giving all these tips on how to speed up your Playstation connection. There were a lot of hoops to jump through so I said fukk it. and left it alone.Funny thing is, this past weekend I got on to download the Prelude for NBA 2K and it actually downloaded quickly. I was pleasantly surprised. I hadn't done anything differently. It was just moving a lot faster. That Prelude demo took hardly any time at all.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Seems like it would be your ISP throttling more than Sony.
If it is coming from Sony it would probably be a slowdown due to not having enough servers to support the load and cheaping out.
So it might not be them throttling just them not being able to support the traffic on their network
:hubie:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
For real why is this not a bigger issue? I'm so damn sick of only getting about 10% of my actual speeds

I don't know, but it's well documented... I threw up this shytty video the day I got my PS4 Pro to test the OG PS4 and the Pro and this shyt got 22K views.

:heh:

And it's something that nobody else at the time really talked about, so that's why people gravitated to the video, people still be commenting on this shyt damn near a year later too.

These are what I get over my laptop on a wifi connection...
2.4GHZ = Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results
5GHZ = Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

:yeshrug:

It is what it is