Why does Knack get hate for the same thing the Gears of War series gets praised for??

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Disclaimer: I'm not saying the games are equal. I'm not shytting on Gears of War I'm just talking about the general concept of both games.

The Gears series is all about spectacle, basically the experience of playing through a big budget Summer blockbuster alien sci fi movie. And it was praised for this, the guns and production of the game elevated it to be one of the coolest this gen.

Knack is basically the same concept, but instead of a sci fi alien flick it goes for a milder action movie. There's no question that the combat of this game is far beyond any game before it.

Some of the same criticisms can be aimed at both. Repetitive gameplay, the game is limited to small hallways and arenas, not much explorations/puzzles. Limited choices and combat options,ect

Why does Knack not get at least some of the love that Gears gets?
Disclaimer: I'm not saying the games are equal. I'm not shytting on Gears I'm just talking about the general concept of both games.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
:lolbron: I'll be honest about my short time with the game. I don't know much abt knack as I've only played the demo but there was something charming abt it kinda like those old ps1 games I used to get because it was something different. If it was a psn game I think it would have fared much better.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Disclaimer: I'm not saying the games are equal. I'm not shytting on Gears of War I'm just talking about the general concept of both games.

The Gears series is all about spectacle, basically the experience of playing through a big budget Summer blockbuster alien sci fi movie. And it was praised for this, the guns and production of the game elevated it to be one of the coolest this gen.

Knack is basically the same concept, but instead of a sci fi alien flick it goes for a milder action movie. There's no question that the combat of this game is far beyond any game before it.

Some of the same criticisms can be aimed at both. Repetitive gameplay, the game is limited to small hallways and arenas, not much explorations/puzzles. Limited choices and combat options,ect

Why does Knack not get at least some of the love that Gears gets?
Disclaimer: I'm not saying the games are equal. I'm not shytting on Gears I'm just talking about the general concept of both games.
You love living vicariously through others huh?