Why does every black superhero/anime hero have electric powers?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They're compensated for how a lot of black superheroes were portrayed in the 70s. Back then if you read comics, they would often just know kung fu and have no powers. People complained so the tried to give everyone flashier looking powers, which essentially meant electricity powers.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forge is definitely not,
this is forge, he supposed to be native american cheyenne specifically. his costume even has native american moccasins
R.4bc226961a592f38efb07380da555059

technically bishop is an abohriginal not a black person, but he has always been drawn as a black man, and if he shows up in a movie a black actor will play him.
forge though will probably be played by one of the actors from reservation dogs.

aboriginals are black

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's
aboriginals are aboriginals, thats a race from what i understood, but i could be wrong,

ab·o·rig·i·nal

inhabiting or existing in a land from the earliest times or from before the arrival of colonists; indigenous.

it's not race, and black isn't a race, so called black people are aboriginal in the Americas, and places like the Philipines as well as Australia

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Black Panther does not.

Luke Cage does not.

Green Lantern does not.

:edit:

Captain America does not.

Miles Morales (Half Puerto Rican but i digress) does not.

miles has the venom strike, which looks electric based

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Probably some play on black people and paying electricity bills

• Haha
Reactions: NZA

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Probably some play on black people and paying electricity bills
Not sure if this is a serious response.

People assume black people have good reflexes and the best sprinters in the world tend to be black so I think they just associate speed with black people and few things are faster than electricity.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Interesting question maybe it might have something to do with a belief about melanin giving Black people superpowers (which it kind of does) :mjgrin:

Also though, if someone controls electricity they should be as powerful or even more powerful than even Magneto but they're never shown that way :mjpls:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
because we have neuro melanin, which is electrically charged, which is why Dr Sebi Diet is a thing because it forces you to eat foods that are living and “electric” like fruits and veggies, or something like that, I don’t care to fact check my post,