Why do you think Black Women achieve more than Black Men?

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
do you think the boys get that treatment/teaching?
actually now that i think about it, that type of parenting isn't exclusive to gender. its a black parenting approach that they feel works but actually does alot more harm than good.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Oh and another thing, I don't like this narrative, it's very disingenuous and divisive. Contrary to what some would like to believe, these white people and other races don't like black women anymore than they do black men. Sandra Bland, Renisha McBride, et al show this. Not to mention all the studies Like I stated in my previous post we both have difficulty securing jobs and many of our success comes when we make our own way via starting our own businesses. So can y'all stop with this foolishness, y'all always trying to cause division amongst us.

Numerous studies show that black men do face harsher discrimination in the work place though.

Malt-O-Meal

Banned
Daps
Numerous studies show that black men do face harsher discrimination in the work place though.

And they show the same regarding black women. I have no problem conceding I'm wrong if you have proof. So where are the studies showing black men face more discrimination in the work place than black women? Everything I've seen says we both are about equal and last picked, last or not given promotions. I have even seen that black men get paid more than black women, but that's another topic.

MsReal

All Star
Daps
Naw. Plus, aren't you a mulatto with a white mother? .

I am only talking from my own experience. My opinion is valid regardless of if my mum is white or not, I'm still a black women and labelled as such in society.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I am only talking from my own experience. My opinion is valid regardless of if my mum is white or not, I'm still a black women and labelled as such in society.
Do the same one drope rules apply across the pond as they do here? I consider you Black, just wondering.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Do you think this is why a lot of black women seek out men of other races before their own? They just have that, "nikkas ain't shyt" assumption.

MsReal

All Star
Daps
Do the same one drope rules apply across the pond as they do here? I consider you Black, just wondering.

Yep, No hiding from it - even in the UK.
To be fair I'm darker then most light skin black women.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Malt-O-Meal

Banned
Daps

I always question mulattos because y'all have a bad habit of coming for black people. Those with white mothers tend to have negative views and things to say about black women and those with white fathers have negative views on black men. Funny you say you're black when many say in Europe y'all don't have that one drop rule. But whatever because I don't talk on issues in countries I've never lived.

Anyways, I don't know about "across the pond", but that definitely isn't the case in the US. And hopefully with your comments you were speaking about your country and not the US because you wouldn't know our dynamics, let alone black issues over here.

@Michael9100
Regarding your question, what group did you mean? Did you mean black people in America or just in general? I just realized that the answer to your question will vary a lot depending on what country the poster is from,which makes sense. But I think that's too wide of a net if you meant black people as a whole because non of these countries are the same and we definitely face different types of discrimination and biases. The black experience in the US, Canada, whatever European country is nowhere near the same. Laws and history of these countries shape the people there and the attitudes would be very different. The answers to the questions would be interesting non the less. Many posters can state their country in their answer.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some people in general are just lazy and entitled. I also feel that black women can more easily get second chances than black men do when it comes to having a troubled past. Especially if they have children.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I think in different sectors it's harder for black men acheive and harder for black women. It just depends.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Women tend to coddle their sons no matter the race. Their needs to be a father figure to knock some sense into the guys head sometimes.