Why do you guys think R Kelly’s career withstood his pedo allegations??

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
I was thinking about pedogate in Hollyweird and all the shyt coming out now and how everybody seems disturbed and disgusted. Careers are on the chopping block. Certain people will never have the same type of careers. And rightfully so.

But years before pedogate, R Kelly was in the news for having sex with underaged girls and urinating on them. A lot of these cases were settled out of court, too. Nah, he ain’t selling records like that because r&b as a whole isn’t selling. But this nikka can sell out an arena tour when he goes on the road.

Don’t forget - he wrote that song for a 15 year old Aaliyah.

What do you think?

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Prolly had them girls taken care of and wasn't emotionally manipulative to the point where they resented him and wanted to oust him.

I mean he's a latent scumbag in my opinion for hollering at underage trim but he was more than likely very diligent in keeping it low-key for so long and lucking with getting his homey Avant to take the charge for that pissing vid.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Not giving R.Kelly a pass. A lot of American women will fukk for that type of money. I don't know the age of the girl, but money talks.

Them hoez were already fukking anyway. Aint no virgins and innocent women getting pissed on like that. Like it was cool. Those hoez were hustling

Last edited:

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
Prolly had them girls taken care of and wasn't emotionally manipulative to the point where they resented him and wanted to oust him.

I mean he's a latent scumbag in my opinion for hollering at underage trim but he was more than likely very diligent in keeping it low-key for so long and lucking with getting his homey Avant to take the charge for that pissing vid.

Dude been the Teflon don for a minute, too.

I mean, this shyt goes back to 1994, when they said him and Aaliyah was married. I remember reading something where her cousin said those allegations affected Aaliyah more than R Kelly. He said it was difficult to get producers for her second album, which is why she ended up working with an (unknown) Timbaland and Missy. But his career flourished.

shyt is mad interesting.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
well, without reviewing the court case, beyond the legal means i'd say it was because the places and people he was getting his money from didn't "dry" up. i feel like that's the one way people like to get at people with "influence"; suck them dry while their image is in question.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
R.Kelly lucked out MOST black women are loyal as fukk to black men ( contrary to the BS that’s spewed on this site) .

If black women were unified against Kelly he would’ve been done, but the combination of older black women loving his music since the 90’s, some younger black women not wanting to see him get railroaded by the system and R.Kelly begging for forgiveness he got a out.

I remember watching those “Free R.Kelly protest in Chicago. Shyt looked like a Alpha and Delta sorority function mixed with your Grandma church meetings.

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If we're keeping it a buck. The tape was sold everywhere back then. Nikkaz watched it and came to their own conclusions.

He might have manipulated younger women but he wasn't raping them. I'm sure if there was video evidence on all these current cases that a lot of them would fall apart. Due to the alleged victims being willing participants. The ones that went for business meetings in hotel rooms and such..

It's naive to assume that Kelly wasn't getting handed these women by their own families in a pursuit of wealth. He MARRIED Aaliyah. Had sparkle who was his artist niece in the video etc. There's too many coincidences. Even now women are volunteering for his treatments.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
R.Kelly lucked out MOST black women are loyal as fukk to black men ( contrary to the BS that’s spewed on this site) .

Preach :salute:

These insecure woman hating broken hearted #GMB scared of rejection ass coli nikkaz ain tryna hear that tho :pachaha:

but yea sistaz had his back bcuz he made fire music so :manny: