Why do yall hate on HYPE WILLIAMS '98 CLASSIC "Belly"; But give TERRENCE MALICK a pass

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Terrence Malick's films often have some of the same problems as "Belly", one of the major flaws of Belly was the script and acting was so bad in some points, it nearly collapses the entire narrative. How I imagine the movies on 2pac's death is something like Belly and Malick, in terms of direction and images....

I liked Knight of Cups and Song to Song, but both suffer from the usual Malick flaws. Overlong, hit the same point over and over again, not as deep as it aspires to be, very much a "first class" problems type of movie, shamelessly elite.

But, also gorgeous, and stunning, inspiring.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I’ve never been enamored with Terrence Malick’s Film at all. I will say that Tree Of Life was a pleasant surprise and I LOVED the evolving planet montage.

But the rest of his shyt is overly long, badly edited, bullshyt.

Belly is a hood classic. It would’ve been a bonafide Classic Film if the studio hadn’t fukked with Hype’s vision WHILE he was midway through filming.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Nobody hates Hype,Belly just wasn’t a good movie

And I’ve never even heard of the other dude you mentioned or that movie

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I liked Knight of Cups and Song to Song, but both suffer from the usual Malick flaws. Overlong, hit the same point over and over again, not as deep as it aspires to be, very much a "first class" problems type of movie, shamelessly elite.

But, also gorgeous, and stunning, inspiring.

Problem is he hasnt used a script in his recent movies and it's obvious. If you get a bad actor his style really highlights how bad they are. Affleck being a notable example of this in To The Wonder.

Days of Heaven and Thin Red Line are amazing movies. I wish he'd go back to a tighter script like the way those were done.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
OP literally pulled two movies out of a hat to argue about :francis:

Never even heard the other movie being takkta about here period, let alone given a pass

And as far as Belly goes, if pointing out the movie was subpar and Nas & TBoz have no business being in leading roles of a motion picture counts as hating, then:yeshrug:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
OP literally pulled two movies out of a hat to argue about :francis:

Never even heard the other movie being takkta about here period, let alone given a pass

And as far as Belly goes, if pointing out the movie was subpar and Nas & TBoz have no business being in leading roles of a motion picture counts as hating, then:yeshrug:

He tried a style of arguing/trolling that usually flies in other sections but he got called out, asked for references, had 1 (which somehow counted to him as “y’all”) and will probably ghost his own thread now.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
He tried a style of arguing/trolling that usually flies in other sections but he got called out, asked for references, had 1 (which somehow counted to him as “y’all”) and will probably ghost his own thread now.
Go fukk yourself breh, nikkas work