Why do people who don't believe in religion automatically get labeled Atheist?

BuyandSave

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#inherentville
Does there really have to be a label for everything?:leostare: Like, I don't believe in or follow any particular Religion but I do believe that there could be a higher power. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that said higher power is a single being or a full race or has anything to do with humans. With the size of the universe we live in there could be multiple "Higher Powers", one more advanced than the next.:lupe: That also doesn't mean that whatever is out there gives two fukks about us or even knows about our existence.:lupe: I'm just acknowledging that in this Universe it's extremely plausible that humans are not anywhere close to being the top of the food chain. It's also possible that we were created by something, i.e. Intelligent Design. It's even possible that we were created in that very something's image.:lupe: Again, who knows? :manny: I'm just acknowledging the possibility. My point is, labels place boundaries on thoughts when there shouldn't really be any. :patrice:

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
why does someone who doesnt believe in god automatically get labeled an atheist?

if i tell you i dont belive in ghosts and magicians the only thing you should call me is not an idiot.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
This really isn't true. I mean the most common question that gets asked is "Do you believe in God?" not "Do you believe in religion?". To which you would answer "I don't believe in religion, but I do believe in a higher power". I'm sure they're not labeling you an atheist with an answer like that.

ThugLife

Diehard Jimmy Buckets fan
Daps
Reppin
I bought a Carbon 15 when I was 18
Does there really have to be a label for everything?:leostare: Like, I don't believe in or follow any particular Religion but I do believe that there could be a higher power. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that said higher power is a single being or a full race or has anything to do with humans. With the size of the universe we live in there could be multiple "Higher Powers", one more advanced than the next.:lupe: That also doesn't mean that whatever is out there gives two fukks about us or even knows about our existence.:lupe: I'm just acknowledging that in this Universe it's extremely plausible that humans are not anywhere close to being the top of the food chain. It's also possible that we were created by something, i.e. Intelligent Design. It's even possible that we were created in that very something's image.:lupe: Again, who knows? :manny: I'm just acknowledging the possibility. My point is, labels place boundaries on thoughts when there shouldn't really be any. :patrice:

Dont blame others cause you cant make up your damn mind

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
:comeon: I clearly said Religion. Step your reading comprehension up.

step yours up.

im drawing on the parallels between your experience being called atheist because you dont follow conventional religions with someone being called an atheist cause they dont believe in god.

your point of "why does there have to be a label" can actually apply more to actual "atheists" moreso than someone like you. why would we label someone as anything, just because they dont believe some fictional story? if i dont think Aladdain was a factual story...would it seem plausible to label me an non-disneyan or some shyt?

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
Watchers.jpg

:lupe:

DarlingNikki

lil baby
Daps
Reppin
Puerta Medusa.
step yours up.

im drawing on the parallels between your experience being called atheist because you dont follow conventional religions with someone being called an atheist cause they dont believe in god.

your point of "why does there have to be a label" can actually apply more to actual "atheists" moreso than someone like you. why would we label someone as anything, just because they dont believe some fictional story? if i dont think Aladdain was a factual story...would it seem plausible to label me an non-disneyan or some shyt?

Atheism is not believing in gods, but you do realize there are still religious atheists, right?

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
People get labeled all day everyday by people who don't know them...

I never understood why it bothers people. Maybe being black I've become immuned to be labeled a certain way so now it doesn't bother me.

But I feel ya, I got a potna who catches alot of flack (mainly because his family is really religous) because he says he believes in God but doesn't believe in the bible and thinks the Bible is very inaccurate... I respect it myself, but he has been labeled as Athiest and it bothers him but I just tell him who cares bruh, you can't do anything to change other people's mind so don't strees over it.. :manny:

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal

Atheism is not believing in gods, but you do realize there are still religious atheists, right?

I can believe there are "religions" out there without any type of "god" or "higher power" incorporated into their belief system. So yeah, I guess I can see how you can be a religious atheist.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Labeling is just how we separate one person from another. It's easier to throw a label on someone especially if you don't know jack shyt about them in the first place. It takes an intelligent, accepting, and understanding individual to see past religious labels and let people believe and be who they are without judgement.