Why do people think Dark Souls challenges your skills?

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
  1. Skill = ability do something well
  2. Memorization = identifying, storing and recalling information.
  3. Patience = capacity to accept and tolerate problems/delays without becoming annoyed and/or frustrated
This isn't even considering Point Two utilizes abilities such as concentration, observation, calculation.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
OP is wrong about Dark Souls being easy and is basically trying to stunt without providing receipts like @Fatboi1 said. On the other hand, he hit on something that I don’t 100% disagree with.

You have a game like Cup Head that’s often applauded for its difficulty. I think that game is similar to what OP is trying to say about Dark souls. When you play Cup Head, the game isn’t difficult per se. Each level plays out EXACTLY the same with minuscule deviations to basic patterns. It’s a different sort of challenge and doesn’t come off as rewarding as say; beating a game with very intelligent AI that can adapt/change strategy altogether based on how you’re playing. Halo actually comes to mind. If you bump up the difficulty, enemies move different. They’re more aggressive and they are very obviously “smarter” than they are on the lower difficulties. A game like THAT I would describe as hard. Pattern memorization is challenging to an extent, but the pay off doesn’t “feel” the same. To me at least. Sorry if that doesn’t make sense. I had a hard time trying to word it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I could knock Mayweather or Tyson the fukk out.

it's really not hard just memorize and watch his attack pattern/defense. After a few hits from them obviously it'll just be trial and error going forward. Get hit a few times in the 1st round to really see his style. The 2nd round shouldn't be too hard.

No sill, just memorization and timed counters.

DaxShepard-04.jpg

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Little stuff like "be patient" consistently the most irritated and rage filled responses when you're trying to help someone out with a fight or boss battle. Look out for x. When he does y, only get some quick hits in then back off again.

people will be looking at you like :gucci: and then tune you the fukk out while getting stomped on for the next hour and acting like its your fault. its like teaching guys how to block/wait their turn in fighting games.

a lot of bosses and enemies now give you all kinds of breathing space and idle time... its weird how offensive mistake-punishing enemies became so common

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm trying to think what a Dark Souls game would be like that didn't use patterns, tells, etc. I think people would think it was unfair and/or not fun

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
Using that logic, what game requires skill?:jbhmm:

What the hell is skill to you?

Id like to see a consensus list of what games ARE hard and DO require skill.

You know the easiest way to shut someone up about a game being not hard? Have them provide receipts for the ease of the thing they're claiming with video proof. I dont' want to hear about how ___ game is easy and doesn't take skill yet when asked to show receipts come up with excuses. Like I remember this guy at my job would casually down play Street Fighter pro playstyle by saying "Oh it's only a quarter circle system" or something. Like shut up lol. If it's so easy then go and beat Daigo. OR, when cats claim God of War isn't hard but they only played on normal mode or easy but got the "b-b-but it's boring on GoW mode!" excuse lined up. lol.

It’s like saying “why do people think Forza is difficult? All you gotta do is hit the gas, brake, and steer at the right times until you get to first place.”

Did not think this all the way thru did you?

Your definition of skill seems to boil down to 'reacting correctly to unknown situations'. Reflexes and technique don't come into it?

Even once you know the patterns (theres alot more to it than that) it still takes skill

Skill

A skill is the ability to carry out a task with determined results often within a given amount of time, energy, or both. Skills can often be divided into domain-general and domain-specific skills. For example, in the domain of work, some general skills would include time management, teamwork and leadership, self-motivation and others, whereas domain-specific skills would be used only for a certain job. Skill usually requires certain environmental stimuli and situations to assess the level of skill being shown and used.

1. Skill = ability do something well
  2. Memorization = identifying, storing and recalling information.
  3. Patience = capacity to accept and tolerate problems/delays without becoming annoyed and/or frustrated
This isn't even considering Point Two utilizes abilities such as concentration, observation, calculation.

OP is wrong about Dark Souls being easy and is basically trying to stunt without providing receipts like @Fatboi1 said. On the other hand, he hit on something that I don’t 100% disagree with.

You have a game like Cup Head that’s often applauded for its difficulty. I think that game is similar to what OP is trying to say about Dark souls. When you play Cup Head, the game isn’t difficult per se. Each level plays out EXACTLY the same with minuscule deviations to basic patterns. It’s a different sort of challenge and doesn’t come off as rewarding as say; beating a game with very intelligent AI that can adapt/change strategy altogether based on how you’re playing. Halo actually comes to mind. If you bump up the difficulty, enemies move different. They’re more aggressive and they are very obviously “smarter” than they are on the lower difficulties. A game like THAT I would describe as hard. Pattern memorization is challenging to an extent, but the pay off doesn’t “feel” the same. To me at least. Sorry if that doesn’t make sense. I had a hard time trying to word it.

I could knock Mayweather or Tyson the fukk out.

it's really not hard just memorize and watch his attack pattern/defense. After a few hits from them obviously it'll just be trial and error going forward. Get hit a few times in the 1st round to really see his style. The 2nd round shouldn't be too hard.

No sill, just memorization and timed counters.

DaxShepard-04.jpg

Now, to prove how easy this game is:

This one dude alone has beat dark souls with a rockband drum set, a bongo pad, a dancepad, a steering wheel and a guitar hero guitar, to name a few.

:usure:

Meanwhile this dude over here beat Dark Souls using BANANAS. :beli:

Are yall srs? :gucci:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

This one dude alone has beat dark souls with a rockband drum set, a bongo pad, a dancepad, a steering wheel and a guitar hero guitar, to name a few.

And I just negged you by typing each letter with my nose. :DAIGOCAM:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
You know the easiest way to shut someone up about a game being not hard? Have them provide receipts for the ease of the thing they're claiming with video proof. I dont' want to hear about how ___ game is easy and doesn't take skill yet when asked to show receipts come up with excuses. Like I remember this guy at my job would casually down play Street Fighter pro playstyle by saying "Oh it's only a quarter circle system" or something. Like shut up lol. If it's so easy then go and beat Daigo. OR, when cats claim God of War isn't hard but they only played on normal mode or easy but got the "b-b-but it's boring on GoW mode!" excuse lined up. lol.
I need video proof of the OP beating Ornstein and Smough first try with no dying

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

I didn't ask what type of potassium nikkas used to beat Dark Souls, fam:francis:Pick a game you think is difficult/requires skill and I can find a speed run of said game on Youtube in seconds

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
I didn't ask what type of potassium nikkas used to beat Dark Souls, fam:francis:Pick a game you think is difficult/requires skill and I can find a speed run of said game on Youtube in seconds

Oh yeah?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Has OP given up his gamertag or any kind of proof that he has beaten these "easy" games yet or is the Juelz gif still in full effect?

And you revy,

Dare I say, Heres your proof
giphy.gif