Why do people think Dark Souls challenges your skills?

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
It’s really just memorizing patterns.

Once you learn how enemies move and attack, you can then follow their rhythm and attack during the little windows they give you.

After memorization its all about trial and error. You have to die a couple times to see how the enemy moves and attacks.

A 2nd playthrough would be easier because you already have the knowledge on all the enemies movement.

No skill, just memorizing and timed button-presses :manny:

llt23

All Star
Daps
The modern gamer plays team based multiplayer games and when they lose its always someone else fault.:birdman:

The modern gamer wants fighting games to have easy inputs because if they could do the same combos, they easily would beat the best :birdman:

So finally, the modern gamer likes to pat themselves on the back for beating single player games since theres nothing to contest them besides a basic AI. :manny:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Fighting games and a few shooters are the only games that require skill but only if you playing against others
Smash is a party game:lolbron:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know the easiest way to shut someone up about a game being not hard? Have them provide receipts for the ease of the thing they're claiming with video proof. I dont' want to hear about how ___ game is easy and doesn't take skill yet when asked to show receipts come up with excuses. Like I remember this guy at my job would casually down play Street Fighter pro playstyle by saying "Oh it's only a quarter circle system" or something. Like shut up lol. If it's so easy then go and beat Daigo. OR, when cats claim God of War isn't hard but they only played on normal mode or easy but got the "b-b-but it's boring on GoW mode!" excuse lined up. lol.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
You know the easiest way to shut someone up about a game being not hard? Have them provide receipts for the ease of the thing they're claiming with video proof. I dont' want to hear about how ___ game is easy and doesn't take skill yet when asked to show receipts come up with excuses. Like I remember this guy at my job would casually down play Street Fighter pro playstyle by saying "Oh it's only a quarter circle system" or something. Like shut up lol. If it's so easy then go and beat Daigo. OR, when cats claim God of War isn't hard but they only played on normal mode or easy but got the "b-b-but it's boring on GoW mode!" excuse lined up. lol.

It’s like saying “why do people think Forza is difficult? All you gotta do is hit the gas, brake, and steer at the right times until you get to first place.”

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s really just memorizing patterns.

Once you learn how enemies move and attack, you can then follow their rhythm and attack during the little windows they give you.

After memorization its all about trial and error. You have to die a couple times to see how the enemy moves and attacks.

A 2nd playthrough would be easier because you already have the knowledge on all the enemies movement.

No skill, just memorizing and timed button-presses :manny:

Difficult can mean a myriad of different things to different people. Demon/Dark Souls is punishing and required a different train of thought than a lot of popular action gaming trends at the time, harkening back to old school Castlevania (I'm talking original, baby).

But Dark Souls is usually fair so I wouldn't call it overly difficult

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your definition of skill seems to boil down to 'reacting correctly to unknown situations'. Reflexes and technique don't come into it?

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Even once you know the patterns (theres alot more to it than that) it still takes skill

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Skill

A skill is the ability to carry out a task with determined results often within a given amount of time, energy, or both. Skills can often be divided into domain-general and domain-specific skills. For example, in the domain of work, some general skills would include time management, teamwork and leadership, self-motivation and others, whereas domain-specific skills would be used only for a certain job. Skill usually requires certain environmental stimuli and situations to assess the level of skill being shown and used.