Why do people hate the Transformers movies yet still always watch them in theaters?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think I know anyone who genuinely likes these films besides the first one. Yet they're constantly killing it at the box office. Whenever a new one comes out I see the same reaction online.

":shaq2:This series is trash, Michael Bay is trash, but I'm still gonna watch this anyway"

The last one with Marky Mark was the worst reviewed of the entire franchise yet it still grossed over a billion worldwide :mindblown:

Reminds me of Walking Dead fans hating the show but still watching it anyway. I just don't get it

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have only seen the first one in theater and it's the only one that I remember even though I've seen all of them

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I dont necessarily hate the transformers movies, but they could be written better and take a serious darker tone with the material without any necessary corny shyt.... Stop pandering and to little fukking kids and do right by the fans... :scust: c'mon skids and mudflap for comic relief was the most stupidest idea ever... It's beautiful eye candy to watch though and the sound is incredible just wished the story matched up...:francis: Also to add none of the decepticons have any depth to them. I mean even in the cartoon starscream was a fan favorite because he had ambition and a personality people could enjoy I mean wtf happened to him in this series?

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I dont necessarily hate the transformers movies, but they could be written better and take a serious darker tone with the material without any necessary corny shyt.... Stop pandering and to little fukking kids and do right by the fans... :scust: c'mon skids and mudflap for comic relief was the most stupidest idea ever... It's beautiful eye candy to watch though and the sound is incredible just wished the story matched up...:francis: Also to add none of the decepticons have any depth to them. I mean even in the cartoon starscream was a fan favorite because he had ambition and a personality people could enjoy I mean wtf happened to him in this series?

For real.

Starscream has always been my favorite Transformer and I really liked the first one and was looking forward to seeing what he would do in the sequels to usurp Megatron. And then...nothing happened. He basically took shyt for the next two sequels and then got his head blown off. :francis: I think one reason that I really liked the first Transformers was because Steven Spielberg was more hands on in that movie (of course, Bay got some lame jokes in still). Then, when Transformers made a ton of $, he basically let Bay have free reign and it's been mostly :hhh: ever since then. Although, I also have to admit, there were some good elements in Dark of the Moon but it was still, mostly :camby:.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I loved the first one. Great theater experience.

Second one was an annoying/embarassing theater experience w/ all the kids laughing and clapping at every damn thing(i imagine that's how cats tired of comic movies feel about marvel's stuff) and all the c00nery type shyt in it, and watching it at home it was even worse. I haven't watched any since then. I do wanna dl/stream & check em out tho

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
I watched the first one, and 5min of the second one and I couldn't do it anymore.

These movies are just completely brainless. A bunch of metal crashing into each other and retarded dialogue.

But most Americans don't mind stupid things because, well you know.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
They're the Nickelback and Donald Trump of movies. Vocal hatedom but there's a lot of people who like them but are too ashamed to say it out loud.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I loved the first one. Great theater experience.

Second one was an annoying/embarassing theater experience w/ all the kids laughing and clapping at every damn thing(i imagine that's how cats tired of comic movies feel about marvel's stuff) and all the c00nery type shyt in it, and watching it at home it was even worse. I haven't watched any since then. I do wanna dl/stream & check em out tho
Me and my homies saw Revenge of the Fallen in theaters and spent the whole time riffing on it. shytty movie but my favorite theater experience:mjlol: I still remember us all going :scust: when everyone applauded the last part of the fight.