Why do people brag on how shytty their hood is?

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
because they can't talk about how good their hood is but they still wanna talk about it and have some sense of pride? :yeshrug:

This,if i cant brag about how nice it is,then imma brag about how bad it is,but its mostly when someone tries to tell how bad LA is and how nice there city is,i hit em with the ":pacspit: imma show u wat LA nikkas do":birdman:

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
cuz they think that by virtue of being from a tough/crime infested area, it in turn makes them a tough guy.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Or clown on dudes in the burbs

Y'all can have them dingy condos and old flabby and sick town homes

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps
I remember on that other site..people used to make threads
"my city has the number 1 murder rate!!"
:laugh:

Biggs

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Sasafrica
this might not be a popular post but alotta negative hip hop has contributed to this mindset :yeshrug:

nyggas like to act like the shyt is somehow impervious but if you glorify dealin and killin, how "real" you are, how dangerous your hood is etc. what else can you expect but people to embrace that??? this shyt evokes feelins just like any other music, but people dont stop to actually question they feelins they have. i seen somebody last night post music from a chief keef's crew and he said it make him feel like puttin a gun to somebody mouth. what's the feelin you get when you hear some shyt like "hard in da paint" or "luv dem gun sounds"??? now how would a white boy listenin to heavy metal told how it make him feel like slashin somebody throat? :wtf:

we bein taught to embrace everything that's destroyin us. at 16 years old, all chief keef really rap about is his clique and how he'll kill a nikka and yet he's the biggest thing comin outta chicago-- the most murderous city in the country. but nyggas rock to it like it's fun... its gon take a hard look in the mirror but one day people are finally have to admit someday that we got a serious problem

Why did I get the feeling this was coming:aicmon:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
I wonder the same thing, I noticed this a lot back in high school.

Dudes be bragging like "your block doesn't get it poppin" or "My block gets it in".

Be having me sitting there like :flabbynsick:

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I hear this the most from people who ain't about that life. Cheerleading ass nikkas

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Niccas only do it bc they don't see a way out. So to cope with the reality of their surroundings they delude themselves into over-romanticizing their situation. It's really just a survival technique. The human mind conditions itself to adapt and not destroy itself in self-pity and remorse of the hopelessness of the hood.

Plus niccas like this do a good job at selling that nonsense

[YOUTUBE]DcjLAHyOaPQ[/YOUTUBE]

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
It is unfortunate for like the rest of the community who are just trying to live peaceably but can't afford to live in another neighborhood. People living in the hood have children and jobs.

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Deep in the south kickin uptop game
Cause there seems to be a misconception (especially with blacks) that being from the hood automatically makes you tough and being from the burns automatically makes you soft, the wilder your hood the harder you are because of it. I hate that shyt too, I know a couple dudes from places like JC Heights, Hoboken, Bayonne, etc, that'll pull your card

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
Most folks in the hood don't see 25, don't have a hs diploma, been to jail at least once. etc. If you out of the hood and made something out of yourself...why not?

If you still in the hood though...that's a diff story