Why do DB's celebrate incomplete passes, even though they got beat...

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
It does seem silly...

The receiver clearly drops it, then the DB jumps up and does the no-good gesture like it was because of him...And his teammates run to him slapping his helmet like he made a good play...

Homie be up in film study like :francis:

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
when every rule is out there protecting QBs/WRs you'd be damn sure that I'm celebrating that the receiver didn't catch it when I can't touch him, get close to him, sniff him, or do anything else to him until the ball is already in his hands because otherwise it's some bullshyt holding, PI, or illegal touching penalty.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
very CACish vibe in this here thread
full

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
because those guys typically don't make many other plays to celebrate

and when they see their teammates dancing and shyt..

they just wanna have fun too :to:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
No bigger offender of this than Kyle Wilson...

This nikka would get beat by everybody and start celebrating if the pass was dropped as if he accomplished something...

Everybody including the coaches looking at him like...:stopitslime:

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to say the same thing. I played WR in HS & College, and was converted to FS in college, and then Corner, where i played Corner in AFL too...soooooo....

I started doing the same ish lol. Basically, CB is the hardest position in FB IMO, right next to QB. You literally are on a real island. Like, you line up so far away from your teammates and if you slip or do one small thing wrong you look like an a$$hole. You can stop a reciever 100x and that WR can win 2 battles, and you are getting laughed at and taunted because you got beat for 2 tds. Forget the 100x you threw the WR into the stands lol. And no one sees the times you blanketed the WR so bad the QB didnt even look his way or looked his way and looked elsewhere, thats some real G coverage but unfortanely there is no stat for that.

So yea, I dont care what happens - you dont catch the ball Im doing a minor celebration. Its hard out there...

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you played DB you know you gotta get your wins in anyway you can brehs :pachaha:

I mean you getting beat half the time and god forbid you give up a long TD.... its a long walk back to your side line while the WR :mj:in the endzone

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
My nikka Vonn Bell got a unsportsman like conduct penalty for talking shyt to the Penn St sideline after a pass was way over thrown :mjlol:. Like nikka u just cost us 15 on some shyt u ain't make a play on :deadmanny:
So, is it about time we go wit JT now?

I really rooted for Cardale, but the absence of Devin Smith is obviously hurting him:mjcry:

JT was lookin smooth in that all Black tho:myman:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
So, is it about time we go wit JT now?

I really rooted for Cardale, but the absence of Devin Smith is obviously hurting him:mjcry:

JT was lookin smooth in that all Black tho:myman:
I think thats what Urban gonna announce tomorrow. Cardale my guy, but JT been ballin the last 2 games

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I think thats what Urban gonna announce tomorrow. Cardale my guy, but JT been ballin the last 2 games
He's much better at the read option, physically and in regards to decision making on the read option.

Cardale would either make the wrong read, and when he made the right read by keeping it, a lot of times, the gains would be like 4 yds.

JT has the potential to bust a big play at any moment.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
He's much better at the read option, physically and in regards to decision making on the read option.

Cardale would either make the wrong read, and when he made the right read by keeping it, a lot of times, the gains would be like 4 yds.

JT has the potential to bust a big play at any moment.
Yeah for sure. I was telling someone i had watched Houston play last week, and Tom Herman got them boys running our offense so smooth. Was jealous ass hell :lolbron:

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
Sorry ass muthafukking Mike Jenkins. I hate watching him.

Allen Robinson burned him by like 5 yards, but Bortles overthrew him. Then here he comes jumping up and down like an idiot.

I have to pull this pic up again. Any dude who has a smile on his face after this performance:
Cowboys-DB-Mike-Jenkins-Embarrassing-Season-Summed-Up-In-46-Seconds.jpeg

You know he ain't shyt.:camby:
Yo he still in the league? :what: who he play for?