Why Didn't You Like DMC (Devil May Cry)?

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
111769_1561756616.jpg

This one introduced me to the series (after beating it I went back and played the rest)... I thought this was still a dope game... Didn't care that they revamped it.... Graphics.. Controls... Fighting style all made this game worthy.... But when it comes to the series it seems like it gets no respect....treated like Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift.... :mjgrin:

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
because the fighting system is overly simplified and westernized in comparison to say...dmc 3 or 4 or bayonetta.

for example a launch attack had more complexity and nuance than just pushing a button, it would multi button back analog+triangle. while triangle by itself was entirely different attack, and holding triangle was a different attack, and tapping triangle gently also made a different attack.

factor in that it didnt really have any canceling of attacks, or contextual commands. and yeah...to a gamer that knows their shyt, and likes pulling of sick complex shyt and respects what the japanese do...it's kind of a basterdization.

DmC is only cool to those who have no idea what i'm talking about, which means you're kind of...too casual to notice. Like if you can't notice the difference in mechanics in bayonetta, DMC 3 and 4. and DMC. then thats a massive problem.

western devs just aren't good at that type of combat.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game was trash, shyt was like a CW show they took away all the attributes of the characters and made them lame

actually tried to make fun of the original games and the how the characters were, thinking their lame characters were cooler and better, when it was the exact opposite, and the combat was trash

Also Capcom shytted on them using their opening sequence against but doing ten times better, showing them Devil am Cry is about style not hat homo ass game they made

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The game was 30 fps when the series was known for fast paced 60fps gameplay. It made the combat feel less precise than the past games. The combat system wasn't bad, but it felt like an over simplified version of the old system, plus the color coded enemies that required particular weapons to damage was annoying as fukk. I remember the game having some interesting level designs and fun platform sections.

I dont think it was complete trash but it definitely didn't live up to the hype of being a complete reboot of the series.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
I’ve always liked the vanilla version and played it regularly on PC

the definitive edition is even better with very nice quality of life changes and looked good on the Xbox one and even better on series x in hdr

Story and characters aside the gameplay is fire, especially once they got rid of the enemy weapon weakness shyt in the definitive version

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
because the fighting system is overly simplified and westernized in comparison to say...dmc 3 or 4 or bayonetta.

for example a launch attack had more complexity and nuance than just pushing a button, it would multi button back analog+triangle. while triangle by itself was entirely different attack, and holding triangle was a different attack, and tapping triangle gently also made a different attack.

factor in that it didnt really have any canceling of attacks, or contextual commands. and yeah...to a gamer that knows their shyt, and likes pulling of sick complex shyt and respects what the japanese do...it's kind of a basterdization.

DmC is only cool to those who have no idea what i'm talking about, which means you're kind of...too casual to notice. Like if you can't notice the difference in mechanics in bayonetta, DMC 3 and 4. and DMC. then thats a massive problem.

western devs just aren't good at that type of combat.
All of this plus the fact it was 30 FPS when the others were 60:scust: can’t take people seriously who rock with DmC cuz that shyt was for casual scrubs

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Game is dope but some of the buttons with r1 and r2 were real awkward.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Combat was casual and everything else about it was straight garbage.

Even if it had a different name, it would go down as another forgettable Ninja Theory game

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
It's a cool series :yeshrug:
Something you get on sale or PS+
Story, acting is all mid AF, fighting mechanics is its only strong suit
Being Sony gang has tempered my taste to accept only the highest quality
full