Why did you move/leave home?

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I always wanted to leave Pittsburgh for New York for as long as I can remember. The older I got, the more I realized how little I had in common with my friends from High School as I was moving through my college years. As well, I was trying to move out of Pittsburgh due to the lack of diversity there, it's backwards culture, dead nightlife and horrible singles scene.

As my friends graduated and started leaving home and getting married/having kids, I felt like I had to live my own life and not follow what society told me to do (get a good job after college, get married, have kids) cause it was just not going to work out for me as it did from my friends from High school in Pittsburgh.

The kicker was this...I was in college for ten years between 3 schools. By time my last year of college came around, I had no friends left in my hometown. After graduation, I had gotten evicted from my apartment and I was living at home with my folks at 27 for a couple of months before I moved. My daily life consisted of trying to get enough money to get a bag of weed, smoking blunts and driving in my car cause I was bored, visiting dead shopping malls, and just generally doing nothing with my life. Seeing as how there were no job opportunities for someone like myself in Pittsburgh, moving to New York made total sense.

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue
My grandma (raised me most of my life) let my uncles move in. They were very disrespectful towards her, and I couldn't stand for that :birdman:, but she always took their side (even though she was the one being verbally abused and threatened :mindblown:) . Been holding it down on my own since 17.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
My mom was getting on my nerves. We get along alot better now that we aren't around each other all the time.

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
My grandma (raised me most of my life) let my uncles move in. They were very disrespectful towards her, and I couldn't stand for that :birdman:, but she always took their side (even though she was the one being verbally abused and threatened :mindblown:) . Been holding it down on my own since 17.
Where did you go and how did you support yourself

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I always wanted to leave Pittsburgh for New York for as long as I can remember. The older I got, the more I realized how little I had in common with my friends from High School as I was moving through my college years. As well, I was trying to move out of Pittsburgh due to the lack of diversity there, it's backwards culture, dead nightlife and horrible singles scene.

As my friends graduated and started leaving home and getting married/having kids, I felt like I had to live my own life and not follow what society told me to do (get a good job after college, get married, have kids) cause it was just not going to work out for me as it did from my friends from High school in Pittsburgh.

The kicker was this...I was in college for ten years between 3 schools. By time my last year of college came around, I had no friends left in my hometown. After graduation, I had gotten evicted from my apartment and I was living at home with my folks at 27 for a couple of months before I moved. My daily life consisted of trying to get enough money to get a bag of weed, smoking blunts and driving in my car cause I was bored, visiting dead shopping malls, and just generally doing nothing with my life. Seeing as how there were no job opportunities for someone like myself in Pittsburgh, moving to New York made total sense.

So you just upped and moved? From what you're saying it seems like you had no money or access to simply picking up your stuff and moving breh.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
So you just upped and moved? From what you're saying it seems like you had no money or access to simply picking up your stuff and moving breh.

I had some money saved up and my folks helped me out financially.

I first moved out for school at 18. I was working a part-time job for PITT before I left.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I wasnt getting stellar marks in college and it upset my mother. She wanted me to think about moving into my own place. She figured id move in with my cousin who lived close by. I instead took the 500 dollars i had in my pocket and moved to los angeles. I was 19 at the time and im in my 30s now. It was a good decision, friends. :sitdown: