Why did we have to see DARTH VADER BEING CREMATED in Return of the Jedi?

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
He didn't disappear when he died. He didn't have the same connection the others did
He was the chosen one though, and even as a kid I always assumed they were just burning the suit
We only see him for a couple seconds after he dies in front of Luke, he could have disappeared right after the scene cuts. Only Obi vanished IMMEDIATELY....Yoda didn't disappear for a good 30 seconds after he died

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
He was the chosen one though, and even as a kid I always assumed they were just burning the suit
We only see him for a couple seconds after he dies in front of Luke, he could have disappeared right after the scene cuts. Only Obi vanished IMMEDIATELY....Yoda didn't disappear for a good 30 seconds after he died

Anakin was the chosen one Space Jesus only after the prequels came out. Reason #483 why they stink

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
legit, what purpose did this serve?

darth%20vader%20yule%20log.gif

Was a coffin wi the jedi logo not enough? Him dying before his b*stard son wasnt enough? We had to see him BURN!?! Pretty dark for a kids movie with teddy bears

Oddly pointless and ive never heard this take

I was more distrubed that he was ghost. So he was evil as shyt but because he threw an old man over a railing he became one with the force.

And how did kylo get the helmet? Luke or Liea saved it?
so many questions.
guess they found a spear one :yeshrug:

I look forward to the rouge 2 movie explaing that minor detail.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anakin was the chosen one Space Jesus only after the prequels came out. Reason #483 why they stink
Prequels expanded the EU ten fold. The story the prequels told were on point and if birthed The Clone Wars series.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
You don't have to disappear to become a force ghost from what I understand.

Nah, What I was trying to say is since he didn't disappear, he didn't have the same connection with the force that Yoda and Obiwan did. I think they were trying to show that there was still a cost for being Vader for 20-30 years. If he stuck with the Jedi, he'd be at their level.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did hitler save the universe tho?
No but Vader didn't either.

Han. Brought down the shield and Lando blew up the death star

Vader ain't do nothing but assault an old man. :patrice:

Vader ain't even give a stand down. Matter of fact when Luke was dragging his dying body around not one Stromtropper said anything. Like they didn't give shyt about Vader.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
No but Vader didn't either.

Han. Brought down the shield and Lando blew up the death star

Vader ain't do nothing but assault an old man. :patrice:

Vader ain't even give a stand down. Matter of fact when Luke was dragging his dying body around not one Stromtropper said anything. Like they didn't give shyt about Vader.
An old man who was running the universe. And if he let Luke die, that was the last Jedi (until this current trilogy).

Emperor and Vader would have lived happily ever after, wrecking shyt