Why did the internet take Vader’s side for getting punked out by HBK

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
All respect to Vader but how you gon be a super heavyweight getting punked by a 5’9 HBK:stopitslime:

Dude had a reputation as king stiff which was cool for a couple dates a year but not when you on the road 300 days a year. And don’t give me the job excuse, he was making much more in Japan

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tenor.gif

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: Are you suggesting Vader was scared of Shawn or something? KKKliq stans are so desperate to give HBK a W. Vader was a professional. Shawn wasn't. All there is to it. Shawn was lucky that was the case

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: Are you suggesting Vader was scared of Shawn or something? KKKliq stans are so desperate to give HBK a W. Vader was a professional. Shawn wasn't. All there is to it. Shawn was lucky that was the case
Shawn shoulda got his ass beat but he didn’t. My point is it’s been spread around like some sob story as if Vader didn’t have the option to stand up for himself. Dude was literally crying, that’s professional? Same dude who knocked out Ken Shamrock in a match couldn’t handle ol Hbk?

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Vader needed the paycheck and if he’d broken Shawn’s fakkit face like he easily could have done the Kliq would have got his ass fired

HBK had an insane amount of stroke backstage at that time, you can’t compare it to Shamrock
Bullshyt, Vader himself has said that he made pennies in WWF compared to Japan. And I’m honestly not even talking ab the situation itself as much as I am to people’s perception of the situation

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bullshyt, Vader himself has said that he made pennies in WWF compared to Japan. And I’m honestly not even talking ab the situation itself as much as I am to people’s perception of the situation
And at this point its safe to assume Bischoff would've easily threw a nice check at Vader to spite Vince

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shawn shoulda got his ass beat but he didn’t. My point is it’s been spread around like some sob story as if Vader didn’t have the option to stand up for himself. Dude was literally crying, that’s professional? Same dude who knocked out Ken Shamrock in a match couldn’t handle ol Hbk?
Not whooping HBK's ass or getting into some dumb altercation is professional. If he had the mentality of a Scott Steiner, Shawn would have caught his 75000th L in a physical altercation.

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Not whooping HBK's ass or getting into some dumb altercation is professional. If he had the mentality of a Scott Steiner, Shawn would have caught his 75000th L in a physical altercation.
But Shawn didn’t catch an L. And in fact Vader still spoke glowingly of Shawn in shoot interviews and the narrative has been “poor Vader”. I just don’t understand.

Because Shawn Michaels is a fakkit who ran to Vince like a bytch. Like he always did. :comeon:

riddle me this. Vader had a reputation of being the stiffest dude in the industry and hurting ppl. Even Mick Foley was reluctant to wrestle him back in the day. So when you’re being stiff with the face of the company at house shows not even on PPV, what is Shawn supposed to do? Dude punked him to his face. Yes that is part of what made Vader great back in the day but you can’t do that shyt when they were working the schedule they had back then

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
The peak of the situation between them wasn't about Vader being stiff. Does the OP know this? It's because Vader missed a spot at Summerslam and Shawn threw a temper tantrum.

People shyt on Shawn for it for the same reason people shyt on Randy for the Kofi situation. Someone made a genuine mistake, owned up to it, but a petulant crybaby held them down for it for as long as they could.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Vader was doomed to fail in the WWF regardless. He was way too stiff for the company style, his body was breaking down with injuries and he was getting sloppy both in ring and physically, and his own attitude issues were bringing baggage with him. He definitely could have had a huge money run in NJ in 1996, I'm sure he's mentioned in a shoot why he went with WWF instead of going back to Japan after WCW, but he definitely made the wrong choice from just about every perspective.