Why did blacks get enslaved in the first place

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
@Akan @Swagnificent Do y'all recommend this book?:

iP2IjpR.jpg

Also if you need any other suggestions on books pertaining to Africa the bro @2Quik4UHoes can put you on. Bruh has access to a library/store & depending on where you live you can check him out

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps
Lets be honest and maybe slightly racist.......at 14 I was bigger than most Asians and Mexicans....they are small and weak people while we are much more physically capable

No offense but that doesn't really mean anything, now does it? They've surpassed us. A lot of you need to read the Art of War because you still dont get it. They might be physically smaller but they're stronger as a collective/unit.

Our "size" didn't stop us from being in the position we are now in. We are now the underclass, other groups yes even Latinos have surpassed us, and unless things seriously change soon it looks like we be the permanent underclass. You'd think by now that you guys would stop associating stuff like size, swag or facial hair etc with being strong. Strong isn't even about outward appearance. Just because somebody is 6'5" doesn't mean they're a stronger man than the one who's 5'7".

We use our brawn to work hard for our oppressors, making them richer while these other groups start businesses in our communities and extract wealth.

If I have bigger arms or are taller than Ming, Ahmed, or Jose, but I still have to use my "strength" to work hard for Mr Charlie because I have no other options to feed myself and my family, how strong is that? When black kids esp your own can't even come to you for a job or a business and have to go begging white men for one, how well is our "strength" being used? Ming has his own stores popping, making money off our people, hired other Asians and doesn't have to slave away for Mr Charlie unless he just wants to.

I'm tired of nikkas thinking that being taller, having a deeper voice or a bigger dikk really means something.

Last edited:

504Ash

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
504>713
The reasons for us being enslaved in the first place was because we were one of the few civilizations that weren't openly hostile to whites when they came to our land, so it was only a matter of time until we got tricked into getting on the boat. The other way was because we had our own rivalries between different tribes, and POW's of altercations were sold to white men for whatever shyt they wanted to sell.

But as far as what black people face today, and why we can't get shyt done, is because we're in a system where one group is actively going out of their way to subjugate us, which includes recruiting c00ns to say what white supremacists want to say, while other groups are fighting for the same crumbs that fall off white tables without having to worry about their own kind turning against them.

Since slavery, through reconstruction, on into the modern times, we've ALWAYS had to deal with white supremacy impeding our shyt. We honestly need to find a way to separate ourselves from these other groups so we can do a reboot of our own society. Why do you think the NOI's members are generally reclusive outside of their own functions?

Prevail

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere
Here are most of the replies you will get from this thread; and have gotten.

'Why did blacks get enslaved'

1. The enslaved peoples were naive; although constantly warring, they somehow saw a new large and powerful force as unthreatening.

2. The enslaved peoples were weak or criminal; they were POWs, debtors, or just prisoners

But why does anyone get enslaved? Because they are weak.

Why did people choose to enslave blacks?

Because they could.
Because they were the most economically viable choice.
Because they could

dehumanization/racism isn't the reason they chose to enslave blacks; its the justification.
Also why these people couldn't justify using white slaves; europeans just stopped fully enslaving each other before this (indentured servitude still existed, the dehumanization factor would give owners more freedom and possibly profit, allowing them to treat black slaves however they wanted). There were even moors in africa stealing russian slaves etc.

TL;DR profit and legality for europeans. Weakness for Africans.

/thread

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Uh, no. That's poor Biblical exegesis.

Anyways, Africans were originally sold as slaves because of money and resources. The reasons for African slavery to perpetuate as long as it did changed over time, but mainly it was because many African tribes were willing to sell out rival tribes for resources they didn't have (guns, mostly). Some of those tribes that traded their rivals for resources were captured too.

Africans at that time (and in large part today) didn't organize people according to skin color, but by tribe. The tribal aspect of Africans were extremely important in how African slaves were captured and sold by Europeans. The "every black man is a brother", "we gotta stick together" mentality is a direct result of the diaspora that African chattel slavery caused.
This is the most sensible post in this thread. Just a shame that, as usual, the majority of the posts are half-baked nonsense.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
No offense but that doesn't really mean anything, now does it? They've surpassed us. A lot of you need to read the Art of War because you still dont get it. They might be physically smaller but they're stronger as a collective/unit.

Our "size" didn't stop us from being in the position we are now in. We are now the underclass, other groups yes even Latinos have surpassed us, and unless things seriously change soon it looks like we be the permanent underclass. You'd think by now that you guys would stop associating stuff like size, swag or facial hair etc with being strong. Strong isn't even about outward appearance. Just because somebody is 6'5" doesn't mean they're a stronger man than the one who's 5'7".

We use our brawn to work hard for our oppressors, making them richer while these other groups start businesses in our communities and extract wealth.

If I have bigger arms or are taller than Ming, Ahmed, or Jose, but I still have to use my "strength" to work hard for Mr Charlie because I have no other options to feed myself and my family, how strong is that? When black kids esp your own can't even come to you for a job or a business and have to go begging white men for one, how well is our "strength" being used? Ming has his own stores popping, making money off our people, hired other Asians and doesn't have to slave away for Mr Charlie unless he just wants to.

I'm tired of nikkas thinking that being taller, having a deeper voice or a bigger dikk really means something.

Mr Charlie has a gun and allows those other people to come into his country. He can send them back to wherever they came from when they act up. White man cannot send the black man to Africa cause he cut the African link to the continent, so he just created a whole other problem for himself. White man does not want to compete with the black man and he know that if he does on a equal level he will fail and nature will take its course.

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Mr Charlie has a gun and allows those other people to come into his country. He can send them back to wherever they came from when they act up. White man cannot send the black man to Africa cause he cut the African link to the continent, so he just created a whole other problem for himself. White man does not want to compete with the black man and he know that if he does on a equal level he will fail and nature will take its course.
Here we have another fool. You've probably never achieved anything in your life, now you're using the achievements of other people you don't have any relation to and have never associated with to make the incredibly stupid assertion you ended your paragraph with.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
all these are right. the atlantic slave trade which changed everything was, priest bartolome de las casas idea. europeans wiped out the natives, bartolome came to the aid of natives and said lets replace them with the africans :manny:

:snoop:

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
It was a race war. They committed genocide against the majority of Red Natives and enslaved the remaining black Natives. Blacks could work the land in the Southeast, there was no use for the Reds. Ever wonder why the American history books from 1492-1615 AD are so vague in terms of documenting events during this time? The Americas were fighting a war with European mercenaries (*cough* explorers *cough*) for well over 100 years.

Our ancestors lost the war.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Slavery is one of the oldest institutions in history. It never really had a color code until Western Europeans (Germans in particular) came up with the concept of race after which it became justifiable in their eyes to enslave the "inferior" races.

Up until that point, most slaves in pre-modern Europe were white Slavs (Circassians, Georgians) and "Mongoloid" Tartars and other ethnicities.

Anyway, this is a crude breakdown of the history. If you want to know more about this, I suggest you read "The History Of White People" by Prof. Nell Irvin Painter (retired historian from Princeton, and she's black).

Karb

Veteran
Daps
As for why it was relatively easy to enslave Africans, then most of them were materially inferior at that point which meant that they were no match militarily for the more advanced Europeans. To put it simply: they had the bigger guns.

Might is right in this world, fukk anybody who says otherwise. Centuries of ethnic and religious warfare between the barbaric ancestors of modem Western Europeans as well the barbarians vs Rome, not to mention the wars that were fought between different kingdoms that arose after the collapse of Rome created an arms race in Europe which made it the most militarized region on earth at that time.

The irony is that in history classes they make it seem as if it was their "civilized nature" and their "superior values" that made it possible for them to conquer the world, yet the fact is that it was their "barbarism" which made them a) develop superior weapons and b) unleash unprecedented levels of savagery upon the people of the world.