Why Did 80's Cartoons Age So Badly?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
watching old episodes of TMNT, shyt is fukking horrible :scusthov: likewise transformers, G.I Joe, captain planet, he-man, voltron, jem & the holograms, thundercats, etc.

90's cartoons aged like fine wine. but all 80's cartoons seem so :flabbynsick: in comparison. nostalgia can't even save it

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
take off those rose-tinted glasses

shyt is trash :birdman:

Haven't watched that stuff in like 14 years or something. Nevertheless, you can't call it trash because we wouldn't have gotten here without it's greatness. The TMNT was legendary in truth...it was EVERYWHERE and that show was why. Transformer was legendary at one point that it's generating flicks in this day and age....don't be silly. Hollywood and nyggas are always trying to capitalize off of what was hot during time periods.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
watching old episodes of TMNT, shyt is fukking horrible :scusthov: likewise transformers, G.I Joe, captain planet, he-man, voltron, jem & the holograms, thundercats, etc.... 90's cartoons aged like fine wine. but all 80's cartoons seem so :flabbynsick: in comparison. nostalgia can't even save it

:what: how old are you breh??? aged??? they remak!n all that sh!t today cause they know !ts f!re & !t makes m!lls... only th!ng !s an!mat!on & what you expected !t wouldnt evolve decades later...

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
the fukk ? Ive watched some old TMNT episodes not too long ago, and they aged just fine. I was afraid itd be corny as hell but it wasnt at all.

are you fukking kidding me? some of you seem to be in a nostalgia haze and can't look at things objectively

the tmnt cartoon is fukking awful

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
To answer the question directly:

Cartoons back in the 80s were merely 30 min toy commercials with great voice acting. That's sole reason why the cartoons back then like Transformers and GI Joe and others never had a over lasting story line and most episodes were self contained stories. There wasnt a thing called episode arc or continuity. It was just this: look we got the new Rodimus Prime toy, make sure he is featured in this episode fighting our new Galvatron toy. K? Thanks!

And with that said, since you think they suck, how come these :flabbynsick: properties STILL make a ton of money?!? Transformers along with GI Joe wi turn 30 next year. 30 years of them. Eat a dikk if you don't like 80s cartoons

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
are you fukking kidding me? some of you seem to be in a nostalgia haze and can't look at things objectively

the tmnt cartoon is fukking awful
fukk outta here

tmnt cartoon is a classic kids cartoon
so is transformers

what do you consider classic 90s kids cartoons ?