Why DC trying to hide that RT score?

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daddys home two had an awful RT rating(probably because of Mel) and yet it made 30 million last weekend. People off the internet don't care about the critics and especially people who demand every movie to be an Oscar Contender. Rotten Tomatoes needs to get fresh and actually see movies the way people see them and not award show critics.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
I bet the common theme among those reviews is that this film came out too soon. DC would've been better off giving us at least one more origin film first before this (either Flash or Aquaman) to give us a reason to care about them coming together aside from just "it's Justice League, deal with it :yeshrug: ".
You haven't even seen the movie.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Daddys home two had an awful RT rating(probably because of Mel) and yet it made 30 million last weekend. People off the internet don't care about the critics and especially people who demand every movie to be an Oscar Contender. Rotten Tomatoes needs to get fresh and actually see movies the way people see them and not award show critics.
yeah i feel you.
i never get all wrapped up around scores and shyt. the one thing i get from RT is like, "ok, they feel this way about the movie. lemme watch the shyt to see how right/wrong they are for me."
if you the type muthafukka that just looks at the score and goes "ok, this GOTTA be wack!"
thats kinda ridiculous.
we joke and play alot, but we most of us here are movie heads and we checkin for these shyts REGARDLESS!

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Even the studios don't believe this is true anymore.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah i feel you.
i never get all wrapped up around scores and shyt. the one thing i get from RT is like, "ok, they feel this way about the movie. lemme watch the shyt to see how right/wrong they are for me."
if you the type muthafukka that just looks at the score and goes "ok, this GOTTA be wack!"
thats kinda ridiculous.
we joke and play alot, but we most of us here are movie heads and we checkin for these shyts REGARDLESS!
I mean during the awards season I'm fine with it, but letting bias and prejudging movies before the 2nd trailer is a problem and shows that they clearly prefer the arthouse style.
Even the studios don't believe this is true anymore.
Here's the thing. The fact there are even rumors that they have it out for WB/DC Comics leads me to believe they will never be fair.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
yeah i feel you.
thats kinda ridiculous.

When casual movie goers decide what movie they're going to see, its usually based off word of mouth. RT ratings create word of mouth indirectly.

At the end of the day people will always go by what they hear from other sources. We all do the same thing. (In my case, I look for reasons not to go see DC movies :manny:)

Most of the audience consist of casual folks. You can't deny the influence of RT. If it wasn't that big of a deal, DC wouldn't have blocked the rating.

Movie studios use RT scores now to help PROMOTE their product if the score is "fresh". You many not agree with it, but its affective none the less. People only seem to hate RT when a movie they were anticipating gets a low score.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
When casual movie goers decide what movie they're going to see, its usually based off word of mouth. RT ratings create word of mouth indirectly.

At the end of the day people will always go by what they hear from other sources. We all do the same thing. (In my case, I look for reasons not to go see DC movies :manny:)

Most of the audience consist of casual folks. You can't deny the influence of RT. If it wasn't that big of a deal, DC wouldn't have blocked the rating.

Movie studios use RT scores now to help PROMOTE their product if the score is "fresh". You many not agree with it, but its affective none the less. People only seem to hate RT when a movie they were anticipating gets a low score.
nah, i know they have alotta influence. but im just speakin for me and those like me.
i see them scores and immediately be like "ok lets see!"
they dawged The Mummy and I loved that shyt!

reigun

Superstar
Daps
They're not. RT is holding it back because they're trying to build hype for their stream.

Of course, they fukked that up.

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
It is better than BvS.

It ain't much better, cause Cavill still can't act and Affleck got one foot out the door.

But it is better, at least the parts where you can tell Snyder ain't done. :mjlol: But it's pretty fukking mediocre. Which is an improvement over the openly terrible movie it's the sequel too.

DC/WB need to rush that Flashpoint movie to the front of the line to reset all this and start over.