Why Can't These Nintendo Fukkbois Let Go Of Smash Bros Melee?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
game is nearly 20 years old :dahell:

you don't see street fighter players clinging onto SF3 & 4 even though theyre superior to SF5 :jbhmm: they let go of those games and embraced the new instead of wallowing in nostalgia

why can't these nintendo fukkbois let go of an old ass gamecube game and embrace smash 4? :hhh:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
The funny thing is that most SF fans are extremely critical, we all know about season 2 SF5 being trash and pro's being very vocal about it.

However, Bros players like that cheapness, even more so than Chris G...many melee fans like having a version of meta knight in every game. For me PSABR was better, and didn't rely on percent farming to kill your enemy.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
nos·tal·gia
näˈstaljə,nəˈstaljə/
noun
  1. a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.
    "I was overcome with acute nostalgia for my days in college"
    synonyms: reminiscence, remembrance, recollection;More
    • something done or presented in order to evoke feelings of nostalgia.
      "an evening of TV nostalgia"

bogey_j

Daps
Melee is really good competitively and way more technical compared the next games. And I wouldn't they say they embraced SF5, Capcom shoved it down their throat, and they went with it.:lolbron:
SF fans could easily bring back SF3 or 4 to the tournament scene if they wanted to but mentally they let go and moved on. that's something ninetndo fans in particular have trouble doing

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The reason people still play Melee is because Brawl was intentionally designed to be as anti-competitive as possible with random tripping, and the total removal of nearly all of the advanced movement and spacing options that sped up gameplay and gave a lot of characters the tools they needed to be able to throw hands with the likes of Sheik and Marth.

The absence of L-cancelling, wavedashing, double jump cancelling, hitstun, dash dancing, etc. killed the combo game and made Brawl a campfest, and nobody had the tools to be able to effectively fight against Metaknight, resulting in a stale metagame.

Smash 4 is still a good game, but even that entry still plays nothing like Melee. Almost all of the tech unique to Melee can't be found in ANY other fighting game out there, and people are still discovering new tech over 15 years later. At least with Street Fighter, there are other games that play similarly (Blazblue, Guilty Gear, etc.) even when new releases are announced.

Just because a game is new doesn't mean that everyone's obligated to drop everything and only play that shiniest, newest, game. There hasn't been a deeper Smash game since Melee, although 4 is still good.

Daps
The reason people still play Melee is because Brawl was intentionally designed to be as anti-competitive as possible with random tripping, and the total removal of nearly all of the advanced movement and spacing options that sped up gameplay and gave a lot of characters the tools they needed to be able to throw hands with the likes of Sheik and Marth.

The absence of L-cancelling, wavedashing, double jump cancelling, hitstun, dash dancing, etc. killed the combo game and made Brawl a campfest, and nobody had the tools to be able to effectively fight against Metaknight, resulting in a stale metagame.

Smash 4 is still a good game, but even that entry still plays nothing like Melee. Almost all of the tech unique to Melee can't be found in ANY other fighting game out there, and people are still discovering new tech over 15 years later. At least with Street Fighter, there are other games that play similarly (Blazblue, Guilty Gear, etc.) even when new releases are announced.

Just because a game is new doesn't mean that everyone's obligated to drop everything and only play that shiniest, newest, game. There hasn't been a deeper Smash game since Melee, although 4 is still good.
I don't get the concept of tripping even in Smash 4 my character suddenly goes dizzy for whatever reason I can't explain and I can't move:mjcry:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
SF fans could easily bring back SF3 or 4 to the tournament scene if they wanted to but mentally they let go and moved on. that's something ninetndo fans in particular have trouble doing

:mjlol: no they couldn't, Capcom/Sony putting up 6 figures for brehs to play SFV, they ain't getting that with SF3 or SF4.

bogey_j

Daps
:mjlol: no they couldn't, Capcom/Sony putting up 6 figures for brehs to play SFV, they ain't getting that with SF3 or SF4.
well where's the money for melee coming from? :comeon: nintendo cheap asses ain't putting up no coin for that

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
well where's the money for melee coming from? :comeon: nintendo cheap asses ain't putting up no coin for that

to my knowledge, the pot for melee is coming straight from the total of all the entrance fee with it being $10 a pop..... melee had 1435, multiply that by the entrance fee and you'll have a $14,000 prize pot.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
A large portion of Nintendo's business is nostalgia.

Smash Bros has always been trash to me.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
go on smash.gg and there's a ton of melee tournaments scheduled :mindblown: