Why cant Jay/Kanye give us CLassics like Dre/snoop?

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Credit as what? You get credit on the booklet, you might as well make the whole album cover black. That's why you need to read the booklet, where it says that Jon Brion is on every track.

It's not like Dr. Dre put Scott Storch, D.O.C., Warren G and the other co-producers on the album cover. Or the percussionists, base players. Jon Brion was not even a producer he was an instrumentalist.

And what the fukk do you mean with executive producers? You should google it.

are you retarted?

i posted the information that shows who gt credit for producing single songs as well as who got exec producer credits

it shows who played the instruments and who helped PrODUCE the songs..

there seperate credits..

ye fans are in denial about there hero

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dr. Dre's legacy as a producer just off his work w/ Snoop >>>>> Kanye's. Kanye's dope, and as an artist he's lightyears ahead of Dre. Just as a producer though, there is no comparison between Dre and Kanye.

Deep Cover
G Thang
Gin & Juice
What's My Name
Still D.R.E.
Next Episode

^^^ It's hard to compare "Izzo", "Bonnie & Clyde '03", "Run This Town", "Encore", and "Lucifer" to those songs. Dre & Snoop's songs are songs that the average Hip Hop listener knows or at least has heard of.

C. Dante

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this man really doesn't know what an executive producer is

You think LA Reid & Jay-z were making beats on MBDTF? hell no

what are you talking about

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Great artists don't make music according to what other great artists did and try to equate theirs to that. They just do THEM.

You didn't see Prince making albums in the 80s tryin' to match Isaac Hayes or Barry White in the '70s. He made PRINCE albums.

You didn't see Pac makin' albums in '96 tryin' to match some shyt LL did in '85.

Hell you didn't see Dre and Snoop in '93 tryin' to match Run-DMC records from '84.

I doubt great artists go in the studio thinking about making music according to what someone else already did... they get in the moment and make what they're feelin'...

Not to say all of Jay/Kanye's work together has been great but it's just an odd comparison to make. I wouldn't listen to a Jay/Kanye song and expect a "Deep Cover", just like I wouldn't listen to a Dre/Snoop song and expect "nikkas In Paris". Totally different lanes. And while we're keepin' it all the way real, Dre and Snoop ain't capable of a "Deep Cover" at this point either.

Change

All Star
Daps
Probably because Dre and Snoop were in their prime and Jay has been out of his for about a little over a decade.

Danycacks

D Cacks
Daps
Convince me. Show me something that is good from Dre and Snoop that was written/produced after 2008 Mr. ROFL_GUY

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
The OP is right and wrong at the same time

Dre> West but WTF is this guy is saying??

to answer the question, Dre and Snoop are both from LA County. Their styles complement each other more. If music was 100% talent and has nothing to do with chemistry and shyt then why couldn't Dre made it work for Nas and AZ?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Great artists don't make music according to what other great artists did and try to equate theirs to that. They just do THEM.

You didn't see Prince making albums in the 80s tryin' to match Isaac Hayes or Barry White in the '70s. He made PRINCE albums.

You didn't see Pac makin' albums in '96 tryin' to match some shyt LL did in '85.

Hell you didn't see Dre and Snoop in '93 tryin' to match Run-DMC records from '84.

I doubt great artists go in the studio thinking about making music according to what someone else already did... they get in the moment and make what they're feelin'...

Not to say all of Jay/Kanye's work together has been great but it's just an odd comparison to make. I wouldn't listen to a Jay/Kanye song and expect a "Deep Cover", just like I wouldn't listen to a Dre/Snoop song and expect "nikkas In Paris". Totally different lanes. And while we're keepin' it all the way real, Dre and Snoop ain't capable of a "Deep Cover" at this point either.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I never liked Jay/Kanye as some duo. They make some hot joints together from time to time but that's about it. I don't think we needed a collab album from those two. WTT was fukking wack sauce to me. shyt was worse than the Kingdom Come album. Kanye and Hova are great artists individually but as a team they were pretty damn underwhelming.

Dre/Snoop got them nikkas on the collab tip but they make the same type of music, and are from the same state as well so that plays a part in it too whereas Jay and Kanye come across forced sometimes. nikkas can't overlook the chemistry involved with making music with other nikkas cuz it plays a part in it too.

Jay, Beans, and Face should of done a cd with Kanye behind the boards. Now that could of been epic. The chemistry/vibe seemed about right on the songs they did do.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
On some trill shyt....Watch the Throne isnt far behind the chronic in my books. Take away the elitist mentality and its up there :ehh: