Why Bischoff Didn't Capitalize Off of His Heat with Flair?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

So this pop up in my feed, and it made me realize that this feud should have been the answer to Vince/Austin. Imagine this feud going beyond the NWO shyt. I'm talking heated decisions, the main focus of where WCW is going through the eyes of the wrestler or the eyes of the booker. Sad that we only got just a swept up mini feud and a lot of NWO dikk riding in the midst of a potential storyline that could stand the test of time.

Last edited:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
That heated Vince vs. McMahon feud :whew:

Rumor is that is what T.I. used for inspiration for his T.I. vs. T.I.P. album
That explains why he was giving epic monologues to himself in the mirror that one time
4JDNQ4.gif

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Why didn't they work together to the degree that Austin and McMahon did? Because they legitimately hated one another and WCW was obsessed with killing Flair's heat once Hogan came into the company.

Bischoff sued Flair for breach of contract because he missed a Nitro to go see his son win a wrestling tournament, despite Flair having given them advance notice that he was missing the show for that exact reason. It's why Flair was off of TV for half of 1998. And besides, they DID actually try to capitalize on it: they had a match at Starrcade 1998 that built off their real life issues (Bischoff won after Curt Hennig interference, then Flair won the rematch on the following Nitro to become President of WCW). It just wasn't actually that good and was overshadowed by the Fingerpoke of Doom, so nobody really remembers it.

By the way, this entire situation is the reason why this promo happened (skip to 10:30 or so):

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Why didn't they work together to the degree that Austin and McMahon did? Because they legitimately hated one another and WCW was obsessed with killing Flair's heat once Hogan came into the company.

Bischoff sued Flair for breach of contract because he missed a Nitro to go see his son win a wrestling tournament, despite Flair having given them advance notice that he was missing the show for that exact reason. It's why Flair was off of TV for half of 1998. And besides, they DID actually try to capitalize on it: they had a match at Starrcade 1998 that built off their real life issues (Bischoff won after Curt Hennig interference, then Flair won the rematch on the following Nitro to become President of WCW). It just wasn't actually that good and was overshadowed by the Fingerpoke of Doom, so nobody really remembers it.

By the way, this entire situation is the reason why this promo happened (skip to 10:30 or so):

So bizarre that so much of Flairā€™s tenure in WCW was the fans absolutely loving him but Biachoff trying to bury him and Jim Hurd trying to bury him.