Why "Ashy" As An Insult Ladies?!?

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:francis:Damn that's fukked up. Def a diss to darkskin brodas.

I never been called dusty or ashy or any of that I usually get

"arrogant ass, nikka you ain't even all that tho TF"
"You're not even that cute tho"

Giselle

Daps
It's funny tho, this insult is almost always used out of place.......Or at least...I think it is.

Sooo....I was on my way to the library earlier in the day.....right......and I was walking behind some chick and accidentally stomped my foot down on the back of her shoe....right..... And I'm thinking, damn I fukked up but, I didn't even think to apologize of GP...But.....anyways........

She turns around and hits me with a:
us4BTEL.png
"?!?"

I'm just like: "Yeah...Sorry about that.":yeshrug:(In a condescending tone though)

Her: "Boy, if you don't get yo ashy ass from round me with that"
us4BTEL.png

Me: :wtf: (And I wasn't even expecting her to be that damn livid about it)

I damn near bath in Aloe Vera every morning so you can't play that with me....But, if ya'll can clear up why ya'll loosely use this term as an insult, what it really means, and when ya'll use it.....that'll be great....:obama:

lol

I don't call you heauxs ashy unless you're ashy. I do call you heauxs dusty though :umad:

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Ooooh, y'all some youngins! Ashy just comes from Ashy Larry, who was an ain't shyt dude in a Dave Chappelle skit. Not sure how it melded into what it is now (like "ashy hotep"), but that's the origin of it.

UUQogMr98v5rW.gif

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I'm going to be honest. When I hear or see someone call another Blk person ashy, the victims are usually dark skinned men and I think its another anti blk insult.

"Ashy" "look dirty" "greasy" are all things I've witnessed said to dark skinned men who didn't even fit the insult.

Funny you say this, my friend, while drunk, said to me "You know, most dark people have dull skin but you don't. you like a shiny nikka. You a real shiny nikka " :russ:

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
I've never used that as insult lol. I've only called someone ashy if they were actually ashy that day, usually a friend or something. lol I prefer the little dikk insults myself :yeshrug: