Why "Ashy" As An Insult Ladies?!?

King Musa

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
It's funny tho, this insult is almost always used out of place.......Or at least...I think it is.

Sooo....I was on my way to the library earlier in the day.....right......and I was walking behind some chick and accidentally stomped my foot down on the back of her shoe....right..... And I'm thinking, damn I fukked up but, I didn't even think to apologize of GP...But.....anyways........

She turns around and hits me with a:
us4BTEL.png
"?!?"

I'm just like: "Yeah...Sorry about that.":yeshrug:(In a condescending tone though)

Her: "Boy, if you don't get yo ashy ass from round me with that"
us4BTEL.png

Me: :wtf: (And I wasn't even expecting her to be that damn livid about it)

I damn near bath in Aloe Vera every morning so you can't play that with me....But, if ya'll can clear up why ya'll loosely use this term as an insult, what it really means, and when ya'll use it.....that'll be great....:obama:

Last edited:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I think it's because it's a sign of you not taking care of yourself. Like the TLR thread someone thinking simple grooming is extra none masculine gay etc... Most women like a guy that looks like they take care of themselves. Not dusty, brushed teeth, clean, not ashy, etc... those are simple if you can't even put lotion on your elbows what else aren't you doing :hhh: lol

That's why it's negative, when insulting people say anything true or not.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
I'm going to be honest. When I hear or see someone call another Blk person ashy, the victims are usually dark skinned men and I think its another anti blk insult.

"Ashy" "look dirty" "greasy" are all things I've witnessed said to dark skinned men who didn't even fit the insult.

King Musa

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I'm going to be honest. When I hear or see someone call another Blk person ashy, the victims are usually dark skinned men and I think its another anti blk insult.

"Ashy" "look dirty" "greasy" are all things I've witnessed said to dark skinned men who didn't even fit the insult.

THIS.....All....Of...This....I actually wanted to make this point but, I felt that I was likely jumping to wild conclusions with it....It's like it's sometimes just used as an insult to describe dark skinned men...Regardless of whether it actually fits or not....Anyways I think it's mostly just a dumb insult used when you can't really think of anything else to say.

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
I don't call people ashy unless they actually don't have any lotion on. I know that one of the people I know does this (not always towards DS men, but BM in general which can be annoying).

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
THIS.....All....Of...This....I actually wanted to make this point but, I felt that I was likely jumping to wild conclusions with it....It's like it's sometimes just used as an insult to describe dark skinned men...Regardless of whether it actually fits or not.
I've seen this since middle school. All the time.

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
THIS.....All....Of...This....I actually wanted to make this point but, I felt that I was likely jumping to wild conclusions with it....It's like it's sometimes just used as an insult to describe dark skinned men...Regardless of whether it actually fits or not....Anyways I think it's mostly just a dumb insult used when you can't really think of anything else to say.
My mom and dad taught me not to say it as an insult, so I never have. I've never seen a black man and been like he's dusty even when some of the ones I knew were on that :mjpls:.