Why are Xbox stans now ok with paying $100 for a game?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
After clowning sony for charging 70 dollars for game? Not only are they ok with it but they are actively bragging about it. They are happily paying 100 dollars to play a game 4 days early and getting some cosmetic dlc.

At best, they are paying 50 dollars just for the DLC without actually owning the game itself. Microsoft are gonna keep doing this “early access” which is really just a delayed release for gamepass players knowing they can shake down their stans for more money for an arbitrary date. The same will happen for Halo.

They could have just as easily released this game for everyone on friday but they know how desperate their stans are for anything to brag about.

They will pay more money and be glad to do it.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
After clowning sony for charging 70 dollars for game? Not only are they ok with it but they are actively bragging about it. They are happily paying 100 dollars to play a game 4 days early and getting some cosmetic dlc.

At best, they are paying 50 dollars just for the DLC without actually owning the game itself. Microsoft are gonna keep doing this “early access” which is really just a delayed release for gamepass players knowing they can shake down their stans for more money for an arbitrary date. The same will happen for Halo.

They could have just as easily released this game for everyone on friday but they know how desperate their stans are for anything to brag about.

It must be tiresome to follow a group of gamers and a gaming platform you have zero interest in. Why do it?

I mean I don't care about kids playing Leap Frog games. Couldn't tell you the first thing about either.

I don't care about mobile games on cell phones. Couldn't really tell you about what people play there either.

If I ask you about Xbox you could probably tell me more about the platform than I could and I own one. You could probably tell more than the average Xbox owner knows.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It must be tiresome to follow a group of gamers and a gaming platform you have zero interest in. Why do it?

I mean I don't care about kids playing Leap Frog games. Couldn't tell you the first thing about either.

I don't care about mobile games on cell phones. Couldn't really tell you about what people play there either.

If I ask you about Xbox you could probably tell me more about the platform than I could and I own one. You could probably tell more than the average Xbox owner knows.

I follow all industry related discussion on games, especially the conversations that tend to spill over onto criticisms of my preferred platform. I can’t go two days without xbots storming twitter mentions of post on here about how sony is anti-consumer for charging 70 dollars for games.

Why would i ignore this?

Xbox is charging nikkas 100 dollars to play their games and I’m supposed to act like I don’t see it? Lmao

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I follow all industry related discussion on games, especially the conversations that tend to spill over onto criticisms of my preferred platform. I can’t go two days without xbots storming twitter mentions of post on here about how sony is anti-consumer for charging 70 dollars for games.

Why would i ignore this?

Xbox is charging nikkas 100 dollars to play their games and I’m supposed to act like I don’t see it? Lmao

The expansions are always fire and usually $20-25 dollars. $45 for the premium add on already pays for the 2 future expansion packs along with all the car pack and VIP extras.

You pay for the season pass, get the full game through gamepass, and then buy it for $15-20 a few years later if you're still pressed to do so if you haven't already moved on to the next title. If you do it this way, you're looking at $70 for the game along with its season pass.

Also, this is all entirely optional, and the game can be played tomorrow via gamepass. $60 if you want to buy it. Not exact "Microsoft is charging $100 for games" nor is it making $70 the standard price for their AAA games.

Go embrace your backlog, I know you got some $70 games you still haven't beat while you out here posting Xbox threads :umad:

Got these

Pretty much spent 200 dollars on Returnal lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The expansions are always fire and usually $20-25 dollars. $45 for the premium add on already pays for the 2 future expansion packs along with all the car pack and VIP extras.

You pay for the season pass, get the full game through gamepass, and then buy it for $15-20 a few years later if you're still pressed to do so if you haven't already moved on to the next title. If you do it this way, you're looking at $70 for the game along with its season pass.

Also, this is all entirely optional, and the game can be played tomorrow via gamepass. $60 if you want to buy it. Not exact "Microsoft is charging $100 for games" nor is it making $70 the standard price for their AAA games.

Go embrace your backlog, I know you got some $70 games you still haven't beat while you out here posting Xbox threads :umad:

So wait, you’re telling me if you’re willing to wait, you can get the game cheaper?:ohhh:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So wait, you’re telling me if you’re willing to wait, you can get the game cheaper?:ohhh:

An optional premium add-on pack for a game coming to GamePass day one is not the same as setting a $70 standard on all AAA titles, so what was the point of this thread other than to further prove that this game has you in shambles?:jbhmm:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Says the guy who IS glad to do it even tho he couldn't afford Psychonauts 2 because you bought Kena and Xbox's Deathloop. You also bought Hades and I'm sure you bought a few more gamepass tithes. You get streets of rage 4? Are you buying San Andreas? You ready for Forza Horizon? Halo? I can guarantee you none of those games are $70 and they'll win game of the year. So could you please shut that bullshyt up lotto

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

shyt weird:francis:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:wow::wow: