Why are we letting white America let us lose respect for MLK?

FemiO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've noticed a lot of conscious folks these days have sort of distanced themselves from MLK in favor of more "militant" black leaders such as Malcolm, Assata, Angela Davis, Hampton, Garvey, etc. etc. I understand why. These days white people like to use MLK as their image of what blacks should act like: peaceful, docile, all about love and caring and kumbaya. In fact I've seen MLK's name get slandered on here more than once because apparently he was too "soft".

Let's be clear, the MLK we see in mainstream media is a sanitized caricature of what he really was. MLK was in the trenches, every day. He really lived that shyt. What's more, is that his nonviolence wasn't just on some "turn the other cheek" shyt. It was intended to put white savagery on full display. Imagine the reaction of the world when they see blacks exercise their right to protest peacefully, while they get dogs sicked on them, sprayed with hoses, shot at, spit on, lynched, and more. Everything MLK did was methodical, and calculated.

Obtaining us the right to vote and ending segregation were just two small parts of the puzzle. That's why when I see people look at his accomplishments with disdain, I can't help but to get a lil upset. That's not where MLK wanted to stop by any means. His goal was complete economic and social equality, how can you judge his accomplishments when America is the reason his life was cut short?

Anyway the point of this is to counter the nonsense I've seen a lot these days about MLK being soft, about his way being outdated, and all that. He's one of the black figures I admired most because he fully outsmarted the institution and I think he would've eventually finessed the ultimate victory for black people one day, if he got the chance.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
MLK was a c00n

:umad:

Negged :francis:

Got your stupid ass nice and early
ray_yes.gif

FemiO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need to do more knowledge on MLK but from what i know, i've always agreed with Malcolm's approach more. MLK's message is too easy for whitey to manipulate
is that his fault though? they manipulated Malcolm's message, too. turned him into essentially a terrorist, so that teaching him in schools and agreeing with him became taboo

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Black people would be better off if he was never born

:umad:

Try to be a more subtle troll. :francis:

White people really never liked MLK. They hated him while he was alive and now that he's dead he's no longer a threat so they give him a holiday and name streets after him (making sure that those neighborhoods are disenfranchised).

I need to do more knowledge on MLK but from what i know, i've always agreed with Malcolm's approach more. MLK's message is too easy for whitey to manipulate
They exclude MLK's message about reparations and some of his other beliefs.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
is that his fault though? they manipulated Malcolm's message, too. turned him into essentially a terrorist, so that teaching him in schools and agreeing with him became taboo

Yea they manipulated both but it was nearly impossible for whitey to use 'soundbite manipulation' on pre-mecca Malcolm because he was always giving whitey, and america that work. His message came thru much clearer for me because he stayed on their heads in every media outlet. They can only use propaganda against Malcolm, his words can not be debated AT ALL so they don't even try. And guess what, his words are still true today. Whitey is still the same devil he was back then, and black folks that try to be buddy buddy with whitey are still fukked up today so...

Simply put:

Martin was Integration - Equality
Malcolm was Segregation - Supremacy

I'm not equal to these devils, i'm above them in every way.
I'm not trying to integrate with them, i don't really want anything to do with them

So for me Malcolm makes the most sense :manny:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Malcolm was a man who preached through and would do what needed to be done. Mlk preached the bible scripture and turning of the cheek and nonviolence but where in history has the oppressing power respected a peaceful and docile combatant or enemy.

Like lambs to a slaughter our people was out there getting chewed up, lynched and killed. Retaliation should have been on the forefront.

What's the saying: I'd rather die on my feet instead of live on my knees.

I'd rather see my people die as warriors fighting for our freedom by any means necessary then to be docile kissing up to an oppressors ass and living in his system and being told for years you'll never be good enough to joins us.

Aren't we tired of living on our knees. I know I am. I'm tired of seeing my people live on our knees. So now we stand revolution and change never comes without conflict.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
I could take it there this morning but it's getting tiring honesty

MLK's original ideology (which he goes into change before he gets killed) is sensationalized as a reverse engineering tactic byt the dominant culture in America that is dead set on keeping Moors (black people) down.

At this point I'm going to start challenging you young nikkas do research before you post.

MLK spent too much time worried about the wrong things. Malcolm wasn't for segregation either, Malcolm was comfortable preaching self suffiency among minorities. He over stood the difference in the dominant culture's psyche.

Regardless of MLK's original message having critical flaws he was still a brave man who had his heart in the right place.

Stop posting without researching. We can push you in the right direction but this knowledge is out there.

This could be a thread about making sure our future leaders understand that the dominant culture looks down upon Moors (old and young). So even though you can read their bibles and Torahs go to the movies with them have some homies

In their view they think they're superior..

Start there

Last edited:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I've noticed a lot of conscious folks these days have sort of distanced themselves from MLK in favor of more "militant" black leaders such as Malcolm, Assata, Angela Davis, Hampton, Garvey, etc. etc. I understand why. These days white people like to use MLK as their image of what blacks should act like: peaceful, docile, all about love and caring and kumbaya. In fact I've seen MLK's name get slandered on here more than once because apparently he was too "soft".

Let's be clear, the MLK we see in mainstream media is a sanitized caricature of what he really was. MLK was in the trenches, every day. He really lived that shyt. What's more, is that his nonviolence wasn't just on some "turn the other cheek" shyt. It was intended to put white savagery on full display. Imagine the reaction of the world when they see blacks exercise their right to protest peacefully, while they get dogs sicked on them, sprayed with hoses, shot at, spit on, lynched, and more. Everything MLK did was methodical, and calculated.

Obtaining us the right to vote and ending segregation were just two small parts of the puzzle. That's why when I see people look at his accomplishments with disdain, I can't help but to get a lil upset. That's not where MLK wanted to stop by any means. His goal was complete economic and social equality, how can you judge his accomplishments when America is the reason his life was cut short?

Anyway the point of this is to counter the nonsense I've seen a lot these days about MLK being soft, about his way being outdated, and all that. He's one of the black figures I admired most because he fully outsmarted the institution and I think he would've eventually finessed the ultimate victory for black people one day, if he got the chance.
You can't shame sociopaths. MLK came to that realization too late.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"I've come upon something that disturbs me deeply," he said. "We have fought hard and long for integration, as I believe we should have, and I know that we will win. But I've come to believe we're integrating into a burning house.............I'm afraid that America may be losing what moral vision she may have had," he answered. "And I'm afraid that even as we integrate, we are walking into a place that does not understand that this nation needs to be deeply concerned with the plight of the poor and disenfranchised. Until we commit ourselves to ensuring that the underclass is given justice and opportunity, we will continue to perpetuate the anger and violence that tears at the soul of this nation."

MLK last conversation to Harry Belafonte

10:31

Superstar
Daps
"I've come upon something that disturbs me deeply," he said. "We have fought hard and long for integration, as I believe we should have, and I know that we will win. But I've come to believe we're integrating into a burning house.............I'm afraid that America may be losing what moral vision she may have had," he answered. "And I'm afraid that even as we integrate, we are walking into a place that does not understand that this nation needs to be deeply concerned with the plight of the poor and disenfranchised. Until we commit ourselves to ensuring that the underclass is given justice and opportunity, we will continue to perpetuate the anger and violence that tears at the soul of this nation."

MLK last conversation to Harry Belafonte

Think one of these slick internet nikkas need to Meme this

He got his killed after he recognized the error in his message

They laid his ass down when he stopped acquiescing