Why are we acting like Eminem didn't just drop verse of the year already?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:heh: on't listen to hip-hop? I was a runner up for poster of the year for 2017.

I'll post my argument that I deleted but it's all your trolling ass is gonna get from me.

Em is an amazing technician and is great at stretching syllables here, doing complex rhyme patterns, and his cadence is dope. You said flow, though. And as far as FLOW is concerned...not much about Em's verse on here has a flow IMO. Now, we can debate the semantics of flow, and what ot means, but there is nothing "smooth" about the way that Em is rhyming on here. It's quick, yes. Multi-syllabic, sure. Lyrical and clever? Yes. Smooth or enjoyable to listen to musically? I would argue no.

:manny:

That's what I was saying.

Em is one of the best rappers ever in terms of technique as a rhymer, but his weakness here is still apparent, which is his lack of musicality. This verse is better than almost all of Revival though.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:heh: on't listen to hip-hop? I was a runner up for poster of the year for 2017.

I'll post my argument that I deleted but it's all your trolling ass is gonna get from me.

Em is an amazing technician and is great at stretching syllables here, doing complex rhyme patterns, and his cadence is dope. You said flow, though. And as far as FLOW is concerned...not much about Em's verse on here has a flow IMO. Now, we can debate the semantics of flow, and what ot means, but there is nothing "smooth" about the way that Em is rhyming on here. It's quick, yes. Multi-syllabic, sure. Lyrical and clever? Yes. Smooth or enjoyable to listen to musically? I would argue no.

Em is one of the best rappers ever in terms of technique as a rhymer, but his weakness here is still apparent, which is his lack of musicality. This verse is better than almost all of Revival though.

I hear you, but this wasn't the place for that. This is basically Rap God 2. This is Eminem "turn up".

Daps

You know what? I appreciate you for being the first person to give me a genuine response.

I agree with what you said about Eminem. Yes he is amazing. IMO I thought his flow was great, but maybe I think that way because ever since the Shady XV-MMLP2 era he's had this fukking shytty choppy flow. This is a lot different so i think it sounds good. But yea if we compare this to TES-era Em then yea his flow is nothing really too special.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
shyt's fukking fire

> This tune is sick, it's luminous, the moon is lit
A freakin' lunatic, a human computer chip
And I'm soon to stick a broom in the uterus
Of your Hooter's chick
If I was you I wouldn't do nothin' stupid due to the mood I'm in

His flow was godly and this shyt sounds like something I'd hear in a modern day strip club now a days.
Trash

Let it go clowns. Why are we acting like he didn't drop an album that already forgotten last week

:heh:

Cac finally had a good verse and it's not on his album.

What we should be talking about is why he originally kept 2 chainz off the song... Is because he got washed. Had to rewrite his verse. Lmao.

Clowns give this lame cac more passes than you can believe.

Living Bait

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cardiff
Em was good when he was a young wild kid talking shyt and flowing.....

but now he's pushing 50 now and it doesnt work....he's lost it....

people label him a goat and he's trying to prove he's a goat but he's just not goaty enough to goat anymore......

was he ever?

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Weirdo shyt. I never trust an em Stan.

“Bu. Bu... Bu... but he so real!” Gtfoh.

Em is talented and at one point around Infinite he was sick with it, but all these battle rap lines over instrumentals is a no go