Why are some white people so secretive about their salaries?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
My white friends from college act like I'm asking to fukk their moms when I talk about salaries :what:

It'll be randomly brought up in a convo..."I got a new job offer :krs: They are offering more 5,000 more per year"

Them: Let's not talk about this.

Me: :wtf:

I'll disclose mine with no problem...IDGAF really :ehh:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
The even better question is why do you feel so willingly to inform others about your salary? You're better off keeping that between you and your employer .

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Would you want everyone knowing you make $200,000 a year?

this.

off topic, but I imagine the publicity that comes with being on forbes sucks. everyone on this planet could read what you're making and
2e3sljk.gif

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
The even better question is why do you feel so willingly to inform others about your salary? You're better off keeping that between you and your employer .

this
the problem is your willingness to disclose that info not that other people wont

its uncomfortable and it can be rude especially if you're talkign to somebody who may not make as much as you obviously you can seem like a dikkhead just being like YA I MAKE 80 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR :gladbron:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
i dont think op is saying he just walks around and talks about it, but its not off limits in conversation.

some people flat out won't talk about their pay.

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
i dont think op is saying he just walks around and talks about it, but its not off limits in conversation.

that should be fine though :manny: they don't have to talk about how much they make with u

if i was married my wife prob wouldn't know exactly what i made tbh :manny:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I be wanting to know especially when I know your check will crush mines.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
TALKING ABOUT YOUR SALARY IS A NO NO. EASY WAY TO GET fukkED IN THE GAME. ON MY FIRST JOB I WAS MAKING MORE THAN FOLKS WHO HAD BEEN THERE FOR YEARS. I THOUGHT EVERYBODY WAS GETTING THE SAME THING. BASICALLY I BOBBED AND CAUSED A BIG ISSUE WITH HR. THEY WANTED MY HEAD BUT THEY KNEW I WAS A KID.

TOOK A LONG TIME TO GET IN HER GOOD GRACES AGAIN.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD

I know what the op meant and eve with that for me its why do people even want to disclose this info. As far as I'm concerned nobody but my employer will know my salary, the most I'd tell is a rough ballpark of how much per hr I make and from there they can do their own math and try to figure it out. But I never understood the appeal or what interesting convo comes about when discussing salaries.

Ready2Run

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not just white people, my logic is if i tell people my salary it will be one of 2 reactions

1) fukk that guy he doesnt make shyt
2) fukk that guy he makes way too much

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I don't say anything to anyone, if people tell me how much they make I never really pay attention.

Why would I care about what someone else makes, I'm trying to get my own pay increased, no time to worry about that.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Because they are smart. Your money should be your business. "Where do you get all that money from?" is kind of insulting actually.