Why Are Smartphones Getting So Expensive?

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
w1023

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
The price reflects what the market can bear.

Consumers have shown they are lazy and like things hand-picked and are willing to pay for their mistakes.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Because consumers are willing to pay for them.
More like because monthly payments enable consumers to buy much more expensive phones and not feel the pain of the price constantly rising. When phones were subsidized they didn't cost a grand per device. Service providers drop the subsidizes and passed that cost to consumers and device makers saw they could go up in price.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
marketing and people dont give a fukk. forget about paying the bills.. pay it later.. use a credit card, breh... that is how people think..

also, phones are dirt cheap and i heard that little kids in china make them...

phones are like the jordan shoes.. they cost maybe like 5 dollars to make but they sell it for so much..

invest in yourself, brehs..

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
marketing and people dont give a fukk. forget about paying the bills.. pay it later.. use a credit card, breh... that is how people think..

also, phones are dirt cheap and i heard that little kids in china make them...

phones are like the jordan shoes.. they cost maybe like 5 dollars to make but they sell it for so much..

invest in yourself, brehs..
Those OLED screens aren't cheap.

llt23

All Star
Daps
Its too bad they dont let people upgrade and modify phones. I remember fixing my old LG's screen and when I opened it up I saw that everything is just a single snap on. So lot of people say they buy a new phone because of the camera. But if you open it up...the camera is just a small ass lego piece that could easily be replaced/upgraded.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Greed
Apple being the most lucrative company in the world
The video op posted is pure bs
Employees are salaried

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Its too bad they dont let people upgrade and modify phones. I remember fixing my old LG's screen and when I opened it up I saw that everything is just a single snap on. So lot of people say they buy a new phone because of the camera. But if you open it up...the camera is just a small ass lego piece that could easily be replaced/upgraded.
YouTube has everything u need..fixing screens and all that. It' nothing.