Why are Mexicans getting a pass for claiming "Chicano Oldies"?

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Everyone claims/consumes the products/culture African Americans created. Yet one wants to give us credit. Then they turn around and say we have no culture, it's either theirs or "American"
If they made it a point to respect and give credit to blacks for the music they love and claim as a part of "their culture", I wouldn't mind.

But they don't :francis:

SUAJCS*93*

Banned
Daps
Everyone claims/consumes the products/culture African Americans created. Yet one wants to give us credit. Then they turn around and say we have no culture, it's either theirs or "American"

dhMeAzK.gif

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Im regurgitating what I have and some have said. but it cant be said enough

but Mexicans(Cacs and mestizos) are the biggest culture vultures they appropraite shyt that came from AAs or the Black Mexicans and try to cover it up likes it been part of theirs.

you espescially know this if you live here in the west(southwest). Mothafukkas will be appropriating black culture,style,etc and still have the audacity to be :mjpls:

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Im regurgitating what I have and some have said. but it cant be said enough

but Mexicans(Cacs and mestizos) are the biggest culture vultures they appropraite shyt that came from AAs or the Black Mexicans and try to cover it up likes it been part of theirs.

you espescially know this if you live here in the west(southwest). Mothafukkas will be appropriating black culture,style,etc and still have the audacity to be :mjpls:
And maybe that's why I feel strongly about this.
These dudes have appropriated black culture for decades and have the nerve to be anti-black.

ndthentherewasx

El Capitan
Daps
Reppin
Tejas, Texas Sur
No sir.

As much as Mexicans disrespect and look down on black people.

They aren't going to conveniently pick and choose when it's about race and when it's not.

That's like us listening to Selena and claiming it as "African-American Classics"

:russell:

Why are you outraged when the originators of it aren't?

:sadbron::umad: