Why are Mexicans getting a pass for claiming "Chicano Oldies"?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
When the music they consider "Chicano Oldies" is made by black artists?

It's basically a part of lowrider culture dating back to the 70s and before.. You have to be Chicano to understand and has nothing to do with race. Good music is good music and those songs are like treasures.

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm sayin bro, they can't decide the soundtrack to their own culture lol?

My grandmother nem listened to straight Elvis and Chet Baker and them type nikkas, they call that their oldies.

Thanks for the vid though, bouta scroll up to this shyt right nah

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
It's basically a part of lowrider culture dating back to the 70s and before.. You have to be Chicano to understand and has nothing to do with race. Good music is good music and those songs are like treasures.
Kind of figured it was about lowrider culture/Chicano gang culture and not an intentional erasure of black art from black artists

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
has nothing to do with race.
No sir.

As much as Mexicans disrespect and look down on black people.

They aren't going to conveniently pick and choose when it's about race and when it's not.

That's like us listening to Selena and claiming it as "African-American Classics"

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I'm sayin bro, they can't decide the soundtrack to their own culture lol?

My grandmother nem listened to straight Elvis and Chet Baker and them type nikkas, they call that their oldies.

Thanks for the vid though, bouta scroll up to this shyt right nah
The soundtrack to "their culture" which just so happens to be made by a group of people who you hate?:mjlol:
How dare you even associate black music with "their culture":mjlol:

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That's like us listening to Selena and claiming it as "African-American Classics"

Hmm:ehh:

The soundtrack to "their culture" which just so happens to be made by a group of people who you hate?:mjlol:
How dare you even associate black music with "their culture":mjlol:

I'm sure you're aware that the vast majority of Meso-American music sprung from the African. It's all 'black' music, conceptually, anyway.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
No sir.

As much as Mexicans disrespect and look down on black people.

They aren't going to conveniently pick and choose when it's about race and when it's not.

I'm sure if u use Google, you can probably find some info and history behind your question. The internet is your friend.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Look at the comment section.....

Mexican 1: "All you guys post Black tunes then call them "Chicano Pride Oldies or Chicano Oldies" Why don't you post some REAL Chicano tunes like Thee Midniters, Little Ray, Sunny & Sunliners, The Dinos, Charlie & The Jives and hundreds of other Chicano artists THEN you can call them Chicano Oldies or Chicano Pride Oldies. Do you think the Blacks are posting Chicano Artists and calling them Black Pride Oldies?? So why are you???" :demonic:

Mexican 2: "Because it's the music that Chicanos like! Always looking for something negative to say." :francis:

Mexican 1: "Maybe Chicano falsos like you like this mayate music. I Listen to Chicano music made by Chicano astists." :stopitslime:

:sas2:

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Look at the comment section.....

Mexican 1: "All you guys post Black tunes then call them "Chicano Pride Oldies or Chicano Oldies" Why don't you post some REAL Chicano tunes like Thee Midniters, Little Ray, Sunny & Sunliners, The Dinos, Charlie & The Jives and hundreds of other Chicano artists THEN you can call them Chicano Oldies or Chicano Pride Oldies. Do you think the Blacks are posting Chicano Artists and calling them Black Pride Oldies?? So why are you???" :demonic:

Mexican 2: "Because it's the music that Chicanos like! Always looking for something negative to say." :francis:

Mexican 1: "Maybe Chicano falsos like you like this mayate music. I Listen to Chicano music made by Chicano astists." :stopitslime:
@Ebonic Plague "their culture" right?:mjlol:

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
It is what it is. Ain't trying to get into a race debate. Like I said, do some research instead of relying on internet trolls and people who didn't grow up in that era.
There is no debate.

They hate black people and claim their music. Plain and simple.

And you keep claiming "do research" as if there's some unknown book or article written about how they are racist towards blacks yet find a way to justify claiming their music as apart of "their culture"