Why are cats horny over Grant Morrison?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
He is a bit overrated. I heard all the hype in the world about his Doom Patrol then I bought the omnibus and thought it was ok. I couldn't stand Invincible

He has some great stuff but I don't run to buy his stuff

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
fukk the overrated talk, dude is one of the true GOATs of the medium. A lot of his stuff might be out there but there are not many writers that can match his brilliance when it comes to dense high concept meta stories.

In an industry where too many people make shyt up as they go along, it's good to have someone trying to make every story and character matter.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've only read his more traditional superhero stuff, but outside of the JLA title, it's all been pretty terrible, IMO. I do like that he tries to reference back to obscure stories or bring back forgotten characters, but his stories give me a headache. Same with Jeph Loeb. The two worst "superstar" writers of the last 20 years.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
I liked his new x men run.
He did stuff that should have been done.
All the new characters bad guys and side character
Killing magneto
Killing Jean grey
Wolverine was not a mutant????
The start of cyclops x
The New mutants introduced in his run actually getting shine.

The marvel came in and reversed it all like Trump is trying to do with Obama's legacy.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've only read his more traditional superhero stuff, but outside of the JLA title, it's all been pretty terrible, IMO. I do like that he tries to reference back to obscure stories or bring back forgotten characters, but his stories give me a headache. Same with Jeph Loeb. The two worst "superstar" writers of the last 20 years.
Loeb is terrible. Never liked any of his work.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
If read as a single tpb final crisis is great. The core story (darkseid perfects antilife equation and enslaves the planet, and threatens the entire multiverse) it got confusing but one you get it, the story was strong.
No it wasn't. The idea was good, but the execution is shyt.

I even read the shyt before it to get a better understanding. The first time I read it I was just getting into comics. Thought it was wack then, still think it's wack after I read it with more knowledge of the story.

I can't remember if it was explained, but did they mention HOW he got it? I read Death of New Gods, Mr. Miracle mini, and Countdown To..

Don't remember it being brought up.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it wasn't. The idea was good, but the execution is shyt.

I even read the shyt before it to get a better understanding. The first time I read it I was just getting into comics. Thought it was wack then, still think it's wack after I read it with more knowledge of the story.

I can't remember if it was explained, but did they mention HOW he got it? I read Death of New Gods, Mr. Miracle mini, and Countdown To..

Don't remember it being brought up.
I think he just solved it.
And death of the new gods had nothing to do with final crisis.