Why are black folk the ONLY ones to talk about eating grits?

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
My mom wasn't on that shyt so my pops never made it, but when he took us to our cousins house they used to DROWN that shyt in butter and syrup...not only that it was super grainy. I just couldn't do it. :huhldup:
Try savory grits.

Add a little butter, cheese, and some sausage or bacon and maybe even your eggs too (though I prefer to keep my eggs on the side). I’m big on texture which is why I don’t really eat grits by themselves. But when I put it all together, it hits. I didn’t start eating grits til my 20s.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
You gotta learn how to cook it right. It's not oatmeal

Only add sugar and maybe some honey. Don't add butter. We tend to add butter to foods that don't need it
How exactly do you determine what needs butter. Butter provides a certain taste. If you prefer the creamy (pause) and savory flavor that butter provides you add butter. Grits, themselves, are not really savory, which is why people add anything from salt, to butter, to milk (or cream) to their grits.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
what-you-gonna-do-about-it-vinny.gif
Fix me a bowl of grits I guess :birdman::pacspit:

YOGEBEAR09

RAM Gang. Horns up
Daps
Reppin
Knickstape and dem Rams
You gotta learn how to cook it right. It's not oatmeal

Only add sugar and maybe some honey. Don't add butter. We tend to add butter to foods that don't need it
Where the fukk you from talking bout add some sugar to grits and don't add butter, nasty nikka :gucci: :gucci: :gucci: :gucci: