Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Nah, Bron & CP3 are the masters of controlling the pace of a game, the Warriors even with Durant can get dragged into one of those Bron casually walking it up type of games, because that's what he's done his entire career (after Wade taught him the trick in 2007)

edited for accuracy :jjjjj:

I'm not sure - do you remember the 2006 playoffs?

In the first round, pace was all over the place, and the Cavs barely escaped the Wizards with three 1-point wins on three last-second game-winners.

But in the second round against a much better Pistons team that was a hair from working on a three-peat, Lebron figured out how to control by pace by game 3 (after the Pistons blitzed them the first two games). Three games in a row in games 4-6, Lebron kept the Cavs in it with a close, low-scoring game, then completely controlled the fourth quarter. (Larry Hughes being out those three games so the absence of his wild ill-advised shots at the wrong time helped a lot.) Even when Hughes came back in Game 6, Lebron almost did it again, and only lost by 2 because Cleveland gave up 4 straight offensive rebounds in the final minute that let Detroit control that entire final minute of play and never give the Cavs a chance to play for the win.

Lebron was 21 in that series in his first playoffs ever, and I think the only thing comparable was Magic Johnson's rookie year. He already looked far more in control of the game than anyone else on the court.

p.p.s. - I look now and Lebron averaged 36-8-6 on 51/38/75 shooting splits with two game-winners in his first playoff series ever? :whoo:

p.p.s. - In that Game 7 they lost against Detroit, the ENTIRE CAVS TEAM minus Lebron was 9-41 from the field for 34 points, 28 boards, and 7 assists but committed 26 fouls? :why:
Larry Hughes was the #2 scorer with 10 points on 2-6 shooting. :skip:
Have your whole team outside your star nearly commit more fouls than points brehs. :snoop:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

In the first round, pace was all over the place, and the Cavs barely escaped the Wizards with three 1-point wins on three last-second game-winners.

But in the second round against a much better Pistons team that was a hair from working on a three-peat, Lebron figured out how to control by pace by game 3 (after the Pistons blitzed them the first two games). Three games in a row in games 4-6, Lebron kept the Cavs in it with a close, low-scoring game, then completely controlled the fourth quarter. (Larry Hughes being out those three games so the absence of his wild ill-advised shots at the wrong time helped a lot.) Even when Hughes came back in Game 6, Lebron almost did it again, and only lost by 2 because Cleveland gave up 4 straight offensive rebounds in the final minute that let Detroit control that entire final minute of play and never give the Cavs a chance to play for the win.

Lebron was 21 in that series in his first playoffs ever, and I think the only thing comparable was Magic Johnson's rookie year. He already looked far more in control of the game than anyone else on the court.

p.p.s. - I look now and Lebron averaged 36-8-6 on 51/38/75 shooting splits with two game-winners in his first playoff series ever? :whoo:

p.p.s. - In that Game 7 they lost against Detroit, the ENTIRE CAVS TEAM minus Lebron was 9-41 from the field for 34 points, 28 boards, and 7 assists but committed 26 fouls? :why:
Have your whole team outside your star nearly commit more fouls than points brehs. :snoop:

While i respect your analysis Detroit wasn't a particularly high paced offense

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
full
neither of those things happened last year
:laff::laff: Got damn that smilie is hilarious

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I'll be shocked if the cavs lose tbh. Who have the warriors beat other than the clippers on a losing streak and the raptors on the tail end of a back to back before they caught their groove and gained the number 1 offense of all time?
They lost to the spurs, rockets, and memphis without conley. And the only other teams in the top 5 of either conference they have beat that I haven't mentioned is the celtics without horford and the knicks without melo or rose. I mean they could definitely win, but if I were a gambling man I would bet Cavs. Then again they are without Jr and Love is recovering so those are factors as well.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

True. I was a big fan of Rasheed, Ben, Dice and the Pistons of that era... and as such, what Lebron was able to do from game 3 in '06 on through the 6 game upset in '07 was inexplicable and infuriating lol. It was just a weird foreboding feeling watching each quarter go by of every game with Detroit unable to make any separation on the scoreboard, wondering why such a well oiled-machine was so out of sorts and out of rhythm looking discombobulated.

Wade had a different effect on the Pistons. At the time his mid range game was so on point (particularly '06, where he shot like 60%+ vs them) coupled with his ability to draw fouls with the pump fake, plus being quicker, faster, more explosive than anyone on the court, and then his propensity to have touch fouls at the rim called in his favor... Detroit literally had no solutions for him other than hoping JWill or Antoine would miss the wide open 3s once Detroit's defenders were forced to help/collapse on Wade.