Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Black women

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
what type of a thread is this?

the black male, makes the music...for consumption and the listener is a black female or white male?

wtf

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Neither's opinion is better by default......but on average a white male's because they are more likely to go to the concert and support the artist. You know who's opinion doesn't matter tho? Black males that sit on the internet all day criticizing everything with 1000s of torrents and downloaded files. Slime balls don't even buy the music anyway so what they want isn't relevant

Wait a min. Cuz u download means ur opinion is null and void???? Gtfoh. I got my office with 500 old CDs still. I quit buying in 02. And I have been o plenty of concerts. Just cuz u download doesn't mean u can't have an opinion.

JUst cuz u choose to spend money buying music do meant mean ur shyt don't stink.

BossIAm

Sit Down!
Daps
I don't get how after all these years anyone can sleep on white dudes being deep into rap. They are the biggest consumer of rap and it been that way since forever. So in my view their opinion is just as valid as a black male.

Also there is no fukking doubt in my mind many hip-hop forums are half if not mostly white so stop being fukking ignorant on that fact rap transcends race probably more than any other music.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Wait a min. Cuz u download means ur opinion is null and void???? Gtfoh. I got my office with 500 old CDs still. I quit buying in 02. And I have been o plenty of concerts. Just cuz u download doesn't mean u can't have an opinion.

JUst cuz u choose to spend money buying music do meant mean ur shyt don't stink.

I'm not saying people that download music from time to time are scums of the earth, I'm talking about dudes that sit at home with terabytes of music, movies, and video games, not supporting the industry or going to the theater. When you are a leach and don't buy anything anyway why should anyone even care how you feel about a certain album, or what you feel is wrong with hip hop, or what you think needs to happen. I see dudes on these blogs and forums that don't do anything, but complain, criticize, and hate on everything that comes out knowing damn well they can't even afford the CD.

This goes back to why artists are 'selling out' and why these artists that get TERRIBLE critical response sell more than people like Big Krit and Curren$y when it actually comes time to put up. Best believe everyone is going to big you up, say you are the greatest thing ever, and sing your praises, but as soon as it comes time to buy that album so many dudes start flaking out and all of a sudden they don't fukk with you anymore. Why do dudes putting out heat have to appeal to 13 year old girls for them to eat when their target fanbase is black teenagers? Money talks and these dudes are mad quiet. This is why no one takes the criticism of these dudes seriously.

Lord knows that anyone that is savvy and not a complete idiot isn't buying every single thing that comes out these days. I sure as hell don't. If I hear some dope shyt you best believe I'm going to try and go out and find that CD tho.

EDIT: I don't really understand what you were getting at with that last sentence so no comment on that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone angry at this thread is likely a White dude or black woman. I don't take either opinions serious. With White people their White privilege means they can't understand the music beyond a technical aspect. I know plenty White music critics that don't fk with Illmatic. Find it boring. A black person However we feel the way that album paint reality. White dudes is mostly interlopers. As for black chicks. They only have two reaction. Liking garbage strip club hip hop. Or silly identity politics feminist reaction. Tbh White chicks into hip hop>>>. They seem to have more awareness of White privilege as well as not sweating the feminist angle too much.

Most females can't comprehend the undertones of hip hop.

Basically, hip is is telling you "If I didn't have this outlet, I'd be somewhere fukking up society"

It's a way to get out those angers and frustrations.

White Dudes can relate to that because they feel some of the same dissatisfaction that black people do.

A black dude in the hood might feel neglected or abandoned because his pops is in jail and his mom's is a hood rat.

The white dude in the suburbs might feel neglected & abandoned because his pops works all day and his mother's a snobby bytch who's gone all day, shopping and spending up his pops money.

It's two different extremes, but abandon & neglect is abandon & neglect

So when Ice Cube or Pac scream "fukk The World" some white dudes are going to feel that shyt.It's rebel music to them

Eminem struck gold with that crowd.His whole musical concept is based on those elements.

Stan is real

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
All female opinions on hip hop are irrelevant, so white man by default.

Besides, theres alot of white dudes who know their hip hop, why yall nikkas always tryna play white boys ?

i remember in H.S. this white kid in class was bumpin the chronic 01 and this spanish dude i knew was laughin at him on some "he really knows the lyrics' type shyt. i laughed a lil bit too, i got his point but real shyt, that same spanish dude dont even know hip hop like that, so it was more ironic than anything

when were you in high school? because i was in high school when chronic dropped in fall 99 and everybody knew he lyrics to damn near the entire album

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
case by case basis. for the most part tho a guy of any race will no more about rap then a chick of any race.

for the most.