WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I think Biyombo makes a lot of sense. When AD gets hurt, the Lakers should have enough offense to make up for the loss but they need someone who can replace at least part of his interior defense.

Yeah Christian Wood doesn't make sense to me when they have plenty of offensive guys that need touches. Plus they are so stacked at the wing I don't want a guy on a one year deal like Wood taking away minutes from guys like Vando and Rui by having AD eat up 4 minutes.

Just get a backup center that can defend and rebound.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I like what I've seen from Hood. Has a good feel for the game and plays at his own pace. Great vision and passing ability with strong defense as well. Definitely looks like a guy that shot up their board after Murray sodomized them in the WCF.

Ham better give him minutes during the season.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:mjlol:

Byiombo is 6'8 he ain't no big man

Just bring back Dwight Howard or get Javalle McGee

Biyombo has the same wingspan as Javale and an inch greater than Dwight (who is only 6'10" himself). He was 3rd in the NBA in block rate last year, behind only Jaren Jackson Jr. and Walker Kessler. He's a vet who has guarded all the centers in the league but is still just 30. You know what you're gonna get from him.

Javale turns 36 next year and only played 8 minutes/game this last season. Dwight turns 38 and wasn't even in the NBA. Sign them and you run the risk of a Chandler repeat where they're just completely washed and unplayable.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Biyombo has the same wingspan as Javale and an inch greater than Dwight (who is only 6'10" himself). He was 3rd in the NBA in block rate last year, behind only Jaren Jackson Jr. and Walker Kessler. He's a vet who has guarded all the centers in the league but is still just 30. You know what you're gonna get from him.

Javale turns 36 next year and only played 8 minutes/game this last season. Dwight turns 38 and wasn't even in the NBA. Sign them and you run the risk of a Chandler repeat where they're just completely washed and unplayable.
Damn at Javalle being 36 :mindblown:

Dwight is old now too goddam

Yeah I get all the wingspan stuff but man 6'8 is cuttin it close..

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Where are his minutes in years 1 and 2 though?

He's not a great outside shooter. He can't get eay buckets at the rim. He can create, but you already have Bron, D-Lo, Vincent, and Reeves creating in front of him. Are you just stashing him away until year 3 and hoping it all works out then? $18 million for that?
The mins will be there when DLo and Bron get their annual 20 game injury and they need another ball handler. Either way they didn’t draft him to be ready right away. He’s still a project, if he wasn’t, he wouldn’t be 17th pick

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Wood adds nothing to this roster, I'd rather have Biyombo too if those are the choices. There is a reason no one want's Wood.
He adds shooting which a lot of teams definitely need including the lakers …but I doubt he’s taking a minimum …there’s gotta be at least a partial MLE or a BAE out there for him :patrice:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The mins will be there when DLo and Bron get their annual 20 game injury and they need another ball handler. Either way they didn’t draft him to be ready right away. He’s still a project, if he wasn’t, he wouldn’t be 17th pick

Even if Bron and Dlo get hurt I still don't see many minutes for him.

Max Christie and Cam Reddish most likely will get more minutes in that case.

And even if Cam Reddish is a bust and gets zero minutes they might slide Prince into the 2 spot to absorb minutes.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
He adds shooting which a lot of teams definitely need including the lakers …but I doubt he’s taking a minimum …there’s gotta be at least a partial MLE or a BAE out there for him :patrice:
Saw a tweet recently that said all he's being offered is minimum deals. It might be in the Free Agency Thread.