WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
That's my point. He's erratic and strictly a spot-up shooter. All 13 of his shots tonight are threes. Rui can hit from range but will also cut and can create offense on his own. Prince is not some lockdown defender either. I would take Rui's defense over his.
Prince isn't elite but he is definitely better than Rui lol. Probably why Ham gives him mins too. Ham is a defense > offense coach. He played Rui and Reaves together in that Mavs game and they got cooked every play. Rui is just too slow, why he has played the 4 position most of his career.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Prince isn't elite but he is definitely better than Rui lol. Probably why Ham gives him mins too. Ham is a defense > offense coach. He played Rui and Reaves together in that Mavs game and they got cooked every play. Rui is just too slow, why he has played the 4 position most of his career.
This is the problem with Rui. He has some really silly mental lapses on the defensive end also

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
This is the problem with Rui. He has some really silly mental lapses on the defensive end also

He has mental lapses but he's not as bad as Reaves on defense.

He was getting cooked tonight by Randle but he was cooking everyone except AD.

He is a tap slow but he's not as bad as people think.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I disagree but I won't go back and forth about it. Every metric I can see says the Lakers play better with Rui on the floor vs Prince. I'm not even an advanced stat guy but Prince has a PER of 8.4. He's not good. There's a reason he bounces around the league.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this and be called a homer but I hadn't thought of a certain trade possibility until I listened to The Hoop Collective pod from the weekend. It's a longshot but Windy was saying Cleveland would want to stay competitive right now instead of getting a bunch of firsts if they trade Donovan Mitchell.

Brooklyn, New York and Miami would be the teams most linked to him but as far as quantity of guys who could step in and fill out their roster, the Lakers might have the best offer.

What would the Knicks even offer? Something headlined around RJ Barrett?

Nets would be something like Cam Johnson, DFS and Cam Thomas.

Miami would be the eternally available Tyler Herro and...Caleb Martin? Nikola Jovic? Would they trade Duncan Robinson now that he's playing well again? Would anyone take a chance on him with his contract number though?

Lakers offer Reaves, Rui and DLo with whatever else from the young guys like JHS :scust: Christie and Lewis. LA would also take back one of those terrible contracts they gave out to Strus or Levert.

The Lakers have a history of getting guys out of nowhere so they shouldn't be discounted. Also, Mitchell could have the final hammer by telling those other teams he won't sign an extension with them but he would with the Lakers.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Lakers have too many guys who do 1 thing reasonably well, then a bunch of other things below average.
Well said, its easier to play Prince because he will provide on both ends, although not at a great level. The other guys only do one thing well. Vando is elite on defense but a complete zero on offense. That man is really averaging 1 I repeat 1 point per game

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Well said, its easier to play Prince because he will provide on both ends, although not at a great level. The other guys only do one thing well. Vando is elite on defense but a complete zero on offense. That man is really averaging 1 I repeat 1 point per game

You overrating Prince's defense he's average at best on that end. He is more versatile than Rui on defense but that does not means better.

Play Rui and Vando more.

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Vanderbilt gotta get in the gym and shoot 10,000 3's in one corner every day until he can do just that so we can play his ass. Man has to be at least pj tucker on offense to get proper minutes. Ain't asking a lot, be fukking pj tucker breh.