• Thread starter A Friend of The People
  • Start date

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Dam brehs ya really gas this weekend nikka up too much!

That's just my opinion tho. That nikka sounds :yawn:

Daps
This is a serious question? Frank Ocean got a full page in the Daily News this week. What the Weeknd got? Both of these nigags are :ehh:

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol. The Weeknd is another hipster hype. He will be gone by the end of the year.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't know how this is a real debate. Frank Ocean is one more hot single away from being the it, nikka in this R & B game. Keep in mind, it's a stagnant genre and hasn't had a legit contender in years, I mean from a mainstream angle. R. Kelly has essentially gone back in time 45 years, Ne-Yo has disappeared from sight, Chris Brown is damn near rapping and Usher has all but abandoned his R & B roots. I not even going into his coming out as a bisexual which is a thing in and of itself, even prior to that Frank has either featured in or written about 10 charted hits. No Church in the Wild is easily one of the biggest singles of the past year, and was a primary song in the most hyped album of 2011.

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
i cant give an opinion cause him admitting being a fan blew him up higher than any features ever could. my judgement is clouded.

egolessindigo

G O H A R D
Daps
Reppin
N E W W O R L D N Y
i think frank ocean benefited more off his raw talent than WTT alone, "Take Care" put the weeknd in the stratosphere, btw Echoes of Silence is sheer brilliance

A

A Friend of The People

No Church in the Wild is easily one of the biggest singles of the past year, and was a primary song in the most hyped album of 2011.

Ummmm no it's not. Didn't even crack the Billboard Hot 100 Top 70. And Crew Love did better in the R&B and Hip-Hop charts....the one's that actually matter for urban artists

A

A Friend of The People

But the thread is about whose career benefitted more. So why would you restrict it to those 2 sub-charts?

That response was just to the claim that No Church was one of the "biggest singles of the year" when it really wasn't

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
Lol. The Weeknd is another hipster hype. He will be gone by the end of the year.

jayzbiglaugh2.png

Yall said the same thing about Drake