Who's career benefited more. Frank Ocean from WTT or Weeknd from Take Care

• Thread starter A Friend of The People
  • Start date
A

A Friend of The People

Can't believe people actually had these dudes neck and neck at one time. After WTT dropped and "Thinkin Bout U" came out, I was on the Frank Ocean bandwagon I had only heard a little of Weeknds music

Who do you think got the bigger push from their features on these albums? Frank Ocean didn't do much with his and has ended up doing publicity stunts to sell his album about fakkitry

Weeknd on the other hand probably cemented his status as a force to be dealt with in the game from now on and looking back on it he was always making better music

Thoughts?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
WTT didnt do anything for FO Nostalgia Ultra did, music speaks for it self not some wack ass hooks on a hiphop album hence why he has damn near 1m twitter followers before his "publicity stunt"

A

A Friend of The People

WTT didnt do anything for FO Nostalgia Ultra did, music speaks for it self not some wack ass hooks on a hiphop album hence why he has damn near 1m twitter followers before his "publicity stunt"

When FO was confirmed to be on WTT more than once it was basically his coronation. nikkas (including myself) were basically crowning him as the next star of R&B he had two of the hottest tracks out with Novacane and Thinking Bout U....he was supposed to take the torch and run with it

It was all good just a year ago...now he's on his :wrist: steez and hasn't really had a notable song drop since

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
When FO was confirmed to be on WTT more than once it was basically his coronation. nikkas (including myself) were basically crowning him as the next star of R&B he had two of the hottest tracks out with Novacane and Thinking Bout U....he was supposed to take the torch and run with it

It was all good just a year ago...now he's on his :wrist: steez and hasn't really had a notable song drop since

:what: he dropped pyramids and sweet life both are critically acclaimed already hell he might just win a grammy

A

A Friend of The People

:what: he dropped pyramids and sweet life both are critically acclaimed already hell he might just win a grammy

Haven't heard any of these songs in my life breh :yeshrug: But if I type in "Frank Ocean Gay" in google it'll have more hits than any music he's made in the last year I bet

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
Jay and Ye put Frank Ocean on a single. Therefore, Frank.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Frank being gay, most nikkas will say Weeknd. But if we're being honest, compared to where they were before those respective songs, who is doing better right now? Weeknd still seems like the Complex and Pitchfork hipster champion he was before Crew Love. Frank was more successful than Abel before the two songs having had a couple charting songs and now he's on the verge of dropping an album and thoroughly has everyone's attention. Yeah the gay thing most def played a big part of that, but No Church in the Wild was, and still is, in movie trailers and all over the place for an album cut. Plus it had legit chart success compared to Crew Love. Frank is working with and writing for the biggest names in hip hop and R&B, who fukks with Weeknd besides Drake?

Edit:

Apparently Wiz has him on the next album

A

A Friend of The People

No Church in the Wild was, and still is, in movie trailers and all over the place for an album cut. Plus it had legit chart success compared to Crew Love. Frank is working with and writing for the biggest names in hip hop and R&B, who fukks with Weeknd besides Drake?

Even though "No Church in the Wild" peaked higher on the Hot 100 Chart vs Crew Love (#72 vs 82) Crew love did significantly better in the R&B and Hip Hop charts (31, 20 vs 11 and 14) so that really is a moot point even tho I have heard No Church featured on one movie trailer