Who will be the first wrestler to win the WWE, AEW and IWGP championship?

Who is gonna win the WWE, AEW and IWGP championship ?

• Chris Jericho

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Moxley

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Kenny Omega

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Jay White

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Bryan Danielson

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Adam Page

• MJF

• Will Ospreay

• Kota Ibushi

• CM Punk

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Somebody else (elaborate in the thread)

• Nobody

• AJ Styles

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Brock Lesnar

• Kazuchika Okada

• Total voters

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Moxley, most likely.

I can see Danielson winning the IWGP Title if he stays healthy in the next 18 months but he ain't ever winning the AEW belt (by the time he could get another shot at it, he'll no longer have a full time contract and I don't see him wanting that belt nor Tony "forcing" him to win it), considering he already didn't do it when dude is full time with AEW).

White could potentially win all three but it's probably gonna take a long time for him to collect the WWE title.

Kenny could get the WWE belt if he decides to go there and Vince gives the OK as a way to stick it to AEW....but that's never been Vince MO so it's kind hard picturing that scenario (which is why is hard picturing Omega in WWE at this point).

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I’d say Mox, since he’s won two and is kayfabe damn near unstoppable in Japan

AJ styles seems like a Wwe lifer but he’d easily get the AEW belt if he made the jump
I'm not sure about that. There's a big backlog of people that would get the belt before AJ, and dude could be too old and not give enough of a fukk to politic his way into a AEW title run by the time the chance would present itself.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
The two most likely would be Mox or Kenny with Mox being way more the favorite to do it....

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'd go with nobody, but...

Moxley would be my top choice because he has that relationship with NJPW, he will be more than happy to work that kind of schedule, and they have put the US title on him twice before and is arguably the greatest US champion they've had given he's held the title for over 300 days longer than anyone else has. So he will have a lot of credibility there.

Omega would be my second choice if he decides to leave AEW, which is a big if. And even if he does leave AEW he could just be heading back to Japan.

Jay White would be a good option as my third choice, but he's probably in AEW for 3-5 years. So it's going to be a long way off before he would even have the chance to complete the trilogy.
  • Chris Jericho - likely never going back to Japan, and even if he did they certainly aren't going to make him their top champ.
  • Bryan Danielson - would be a good option but I don't want him working a New Japan style with that schedule.
  • Hangman - he just doesn't strike me as a WWE style champ. Probably doesn't really want to go back to Japan either, but that's just me wildly speculating.
  • MJF - lol that man is never going to Japan.
  • Will Ospreay - it's a non-starter unless he changes his tune on not wanting to live in America.
  • Kota Ibushi - his days as a top champ are likely done considering he wants to devote most of his time to coaching. I could see him having an outside shot at the AEW title but there's no way in hell he's ever winning one of the two top WWE titles. And I doubt we ever see him step inside a WWE ring.
  • CM Punk - his behavior wouldn't be tolerated over in NJPW.
  • AJ Styles - he'll retire as a WWE wrestler unless they decide to cut him or way lowball him on his next contract. And he turns 46 this year, he's going to have to be leaving soon before that AEW title window closes
  • Brock Lesnar - only way he heads to AEW is if TK outbids WWE for him. And even if WWE comes in slightly lower, I could see him still opting for WWE because of his history there.
  • Okada - I think he has less of a chance of going to WWE than Brock has of going to AEW
As far as others not listed, I don't really think there are legitimate options but two are below. I just don't really see 99% of them even giving serious thought to going to Japan.
  • Drew McIntyre - Apparently he and WWE are pretty far off on contract negotiations and is allegedly not happy with his creative. He'd easily be a day-one title contender in AEW and NJPW, so if he leaves then I'd say it's definitely a possibility
  • Konosuke Takeshyta - if he ever learns English well enough to comfortably cut a promo in WWE. He's only 27, has a chance to win the AEW and IWGP titles as an AEW grappler. And being 27, and win Japan relatively lacking in higher level young talent, I could easily see them wanting to strap the title on him.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'd think it'd have to be someone who already won the IWGP title, since I don't see anyone who wins one of the American titles ever working a heavy enough schedule in Japan for NJPW to give them the top title. The only exception I could possibly see is Bryan Danielson since he just goes with whatever moves him.

And even though I don't see AJ leaving WWE, he already has the two titles that are more difficult to get all things considered so he should probably be an option.

BTW I know this is a question about the men but low key I think Sasha/Mercedes could actually be the first to do it.
I actually see three women being far more likely to do it than any man other than maybe Moxley and Omega. But Mone is BY FAR the most likely to do it. I would throw in Asuka and Iyo Sky (if WWE ever straps her up) as being strong contenders to do it if they decide to leave WWE. They'll both likely get treated like megastars by New Japan and AEW.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I'm not sure about that. There's a big backlog of people that would get the belt before AJ, and dude could be too old and not give enough of a fukk to politic his way into a AEW title run by the time the chance would present itself.

Damn didn’t realize he’s damn near 47

Yeah most likely won’t happen actually

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
AJ styles, and he'll also have been

WWE Champion
NWA Champion
TNA Champion
PWG Champion
ROH Champion
PWI Wrestler of the year & #1 on 500 (I only mention because this shyt is all kayfabe)

He's quietly the most decorated wrestler ever
AJ never won the ROH nor the PWG Title, he won the IWGP Title. Not that it matters, you don't need to over inflate his accolades :russ:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
I actually see three women being far more likely to do it than any man other than maybe Moxley and Omega. But Mone is BY FAR the most likely to do it. I would throw in Asuka and Iyo Sky (if WWE ever straps her up) as being strong contenders to do it if they decide to leave WWE. They'll both likely get treated like megastars by New Japan and AEW.
Mone is most likely going to do it if she ever step foot in a AEW ring.
But the IWGP women's title was just created last year so it doesn't mean the same thing as doing it as a men imo.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
AJ

Sorry but WWE is not putting no damn belt on Omega :mjlol:

WWE loves fukking up talents established outside from their company. Cody is a sort of exception because he started in WWE.

If AJ left for AEW they would put a belt on him because he still has excellent matches left in his tank.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
As soon as aj grows a brain and leaves WWE.

This is all him.
Aj leave WWE.

Please.

I only need to see aj and Austin Aries win the title in aew.
I will probably be done watching wrasslin after that.

Art Barr