Who was living in L.A. doing the Riots back then?

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I was 8 at the time so couldn't do a damn thing. Had to listen to my cartoons on the radio since power was out for about a week.:to:

Stayed by King and Main btw

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
i was a kid around that. 1992. i had asian cousins that lived in culver city area and some even around korea town, both areas which got targeted bad,esp if asian owned stores.

scary times.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
la riots was stupid if u didnt fight the other side, why rob the shop u have to go to next week?

same thing with the london riots last year, niggys were screaming fukk the police but ran up in mcdonalds to trash the place, u eat at that place and want to trash it? lol stupid people

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Deaths during the riots - Spreadsheets - Los Angeles Times

More than 60 people lost their lives amid the looting and fires that ravaged the city over five days starting April 29, 1992. Ten were shot to death by law enforcement officials. An additional 44 people died in other homicides or incidents tied to the rioting. By year’s end, Los Angeles had 1,096 homicides, a record. 1992 remains L.A.'s deadliest year.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
i was too young to remember the riots but i been in LA a lot visiting family since the mid 90s. its calmed since then but it was a war zone for a while :whew:

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
la riots was stupid if u didnt fight the other side, why rob the shop u have to go to next week?

same thing with the london riots last year, niggys were screaming fukk the police but ran up in mcdonalds to trash the place, u eat at that place and want to trash it? lol stupid people

:usure:
So much for the stereotype that Londoners are more enlightened.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I often wonder what would set that kinda shyt off again today...

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
I was bout 9 when it cracked off. Grew up on 74th and Fig so I had a nice view of everything. Me, my big bro and some cuzzins were all standing on the corner of Florence and Figueroa watching it start. My uncles and my older cuzzins were in the mix, getting what they could. Be obviously only being 9 had to stay on the block.

Damn, we about the same age then.

My dad owned a little pizza franchise on King & Western. That shyt got burnt up along w the whole shopping center. :to:

Thankfully we had moved from our spot on 77th & Hobart years prior, or we would've been living in the middle of it all. I was living a few miles north of the 10 freeway, so you know the cops was extra vigilant, making sure nothing got burned down.