Who was living in L.A. doing the Riots back then?

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P43WZd611WA"]Los Angeles Riots, 1992 (1) - YouTube[/ame]

:whew:like really.. how was it like?

Was u out there getting some TVs?

did u have to beat some nikkaz ass?

did someone hit u with a brick while u were driving by?

tell me

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was, but I was only like 10 at the time...It was me, my brother any my mom (my stepfather was deployed in the Army, and my father was actually LAPD at the time). I was living on 84th and Dank'em (Denker), that shyt was INSANITY. nikkaz shot at the house when they couldn't break into my mom's car, surprised they ain't try to get in the crib. 5-7 days (If I remember correctly) of smoke, bullets, hordes of gang, the National Guard eventually, no power, etc....

Prado210

She's into malaka's, dino.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was. My dad still has a couch he came up on during the riots.

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
I was bout 9 when it cracked off. Grew up on 74th and Fig so I had a nice view of everything. Me, my big bro and some cuzzins were all standing on the corner of Florence and Figueroa watching it start. My uncles and my older cuzzins were in the mix, getting what they could. Be obviously only being 9 had to stay on the block.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
I was, but I was only like 10 at the time...It was me, my brother any my mom (my stepfather was deployed in the Army, and my father was actually LAPD at the time). I was living on 84th and Dank'em (Denker), that shyt was INSANITY. nikkaz shot at the house when they couldn't break into my mom's car, surprised they ain't try to get in the crib. 5-7 days (If I remember correctly) of smoke, bullets, hordes of gang, the National Guard eventually, no power, etc....

damn!

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was bout 9 when it cracked off. Grew up on 74th and Fig so I had a nice view of everything. Me, my big bro and some cuzzins were all standing on the corner of Florence and Figueroa watching it start. My uncles and my older cuzzins were in the mix, getting what they could. Be obviously only being 9 had to stay on the block.

Fig eh? I got some family from Figueroa....

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
I was 12 years old and only been living in LA for two years........moved from BK....and was living on Van Ness......you could hear shots smell the smoke and even hear people screaming........I saw a kid get pelted with a rock straight to the head by a fukkin cop.....seen a cac get obliterated by a Ford Taurus.....still remember his gurgles from choking on his own blood......shyt was wild........

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Soon as that stuff started my parents moved us to the East coast.

Haven't been back since :to:

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
yep, had the Bloods Crips and Ese's on the same squad that week.
pops heard it was jumpin off in Compton and went there to get his loot on, nikka came up on some furniture, even had a VCR in the back of his car that he ganked from the Slauson Swap Meet :blink:

good times...

jmspro

Banned
Daps

I had to do a paper on the riots and this video fukked with me the most. :26 sec, feel that dudes pain.

Last edited by a moderator:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it was so stupid. dudes went around burning and robbing their own area. great way to show outrage at white people.