Who Smells Like Champagne Now? 2016-2017 Cleveland Cavaliers Season Thread

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Speakin of JR...

i

SS: J.R., what's one of the most memorable moments of your title run?

JRS: At halftime [of Game 7], one of our oldest guys on the team, James Jones, came to me, and he's like, "Man, it's time for you to do something. You've been sleeping the whole playoffs, the whole final series." First couple of shots I got coming out, I was like, "You know what, I'm gonna shoot it." Fortunately they fell, and we started making our way back.

SS: Was there any part of the celebration where you thought, "I can't believe I'm here right now"?

JRS: The plane ride back with my teammates. I didn't know how to feel. Did this really happen? What just happened? Of course, I'm still shirtless. I'm sitting on the plane, Tristan [Thompson] and LeBron next to me. LeBron's got his MVP trophy and he's looking at it, and I'm looking across like, "We did it!" Being down 3-1 [in the Finals] was the worst feeling I've ever experienced in my life. I didn't want to talk to my teammates, I didn't want to talk to my wife, I didn't want to talk to my kids. And to come back from that is a lesson that you can come back from anything.

SS:
Is your daughter a fan of Simone?

JRS: You have no idea. Yesterday she came to our game. I was walking out of the locker room, and she goes, "Daddy, Daddy, I met her! I met Simone!" She loves her.

SS: Something tells me that this cover photo may end up on the wall in your daughter's room. You hanging out with her idol, Simone.

JRS: A hundred percent.

Prolly explains why she was hangin out at dat game earlier. :ehh:

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
That bum dunleavy should not be gettin any major minutes. Hes too slow, his shot is completely gone and he cant pass, breh is a bad fit on this team. Id rather go with JJ at this point.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
At some point Dan Gilbert has to give the ok for Griffin to outright waive both Birdman and Mo. They would have to use a couple of their little remaining assets to get both them off the books which goes against future planning.

Yes, they have to pay tax on both contracts if they waive them but what's the point of not having depth and running your star players into the ground over a long season?

JR is probably out for an extended period of time. They simply don't have enough bodies.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
At some point Dan Gilbert has to give the ok for Griffin to outright waive both Birdman and Mo. They would have to use a couple of their little remaining assets to get both them off the books which goes against future planning.

Yes, they have to pay tax on both contracts if they waive them but what's the point of not having depth and running your star players into the ground over a long season?

JR is probably out for an extended period of time. They simply don't have enough bodies.

:stopitslime:

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State

I think they will make a move after all star break or a little before it we got the west coast run coming up at the new year so I think this test is where lue figures out who really wants it with our young guys McCray and liggins with JR being out and seeing how our big man handle some these west coast teams

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
I think they will make a move after all star break or a little before it we got the west coast run coming up at the new year so I think this test is where lue figures out who really wants it with our young guys McCray and liggins with JR being out and seeing how our big man handle some these west coast teams

They need depth now not later.

LeBron damn near hurt his hand in a game last night that he should've been sitting out.

This stretch is 5 games in 7 nights.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil

not that long 3 to 6 week...

i think they can take the time to give the bench more minutes... but bird and mo gots to go